PDA

View Full Version : Can Scratch X be used on a headunit.

pmagill
09-25-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a head unit i want to sell on e-bay, but the face has scratches on it that you can see when light hits it.. You cannot see them when it doesn`t though.. Could I use scratch X to remove them? Thanks guys.

Pats300zx
09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
I would try a plastic polish to remove the scrathes. Novus has a 3 cleaner/polishes with different levels of abrasive. They work great.

imported_truzoom
09-25-2005, 02:11 PM
ScratchX would probably work. Just dab some on a MF and rub away the scratches.

MikeWarner
09-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I had the same problem. I used SRP to great effect - although some the the graphics on the face came off too. I took all the graphics off (you know, the ones that say CD, Bass Engine, RDS, 4v Preout etc). TBH, the unit looks better without the graphics and all the scratches were gone. I`d try something milder than Scratch-X first though.

Oh - I also did the same on my phone when the screen scratched.

The Big Kahuna
09-26-2005, 11:22 AM
I had the same problem. I used SRP to great effect - although some the the graphics on the face came off too. I took all the graphics off (you know, the ones that say CD, Bass Engine, RDS, 4v Preout etc). TBH, the unit looks better without the graphics and all the scratches were gone. I`d try something milder than Scratch-X first though.

Oh - I also did the same on my phone when the screen scratched.

Put a small piece of scotch tape over the graphics before rubbing to keep them from coming off.