PDA

View Full Version : Polishing and Swirl Remover

Andrewc-c
09-25-2005, 12:22 PM
I`d like to polish out my cars paint to get rid of the swirls but I have a some clear coat coming off my back bumper and a few "spider web" marks from egging :angry

Since polish is an abrasive will make the spots with out clear coat look worse?

What can I do about those areas?

Black240SX
09-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Use a mild polish on those areas, then put some glaze and wax on top to bring up the shine. That`s the best you can do without repainting.

aaron33
09-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Don`t use a cutting product or those off the shelf cut and polish products.

The safest consumer one is ScratchX. Just make sure you work the product until it turns weird and squeaky. Wipe off after and don`t let it dry. If you let it dry before you wipe, it will scratch.

Andrewc-c
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
What polishes or scratch/swirl removers would you or anyone else recommend?

aaron33
09-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Many people here like Optimum.

I use Poorboys, but it dusts too much. And all these need to be applied using a PC or rotary. ScratchX is for use by hand for spot repair.

DSVWGLI
09-26-2005, 12:01 AM
There is a lot of info on this in the learn section at the home page. It is encouraged that new autopians read the articles provided. You will find that this info is very thorough and will probably answer most if not all of your questions. And if you still have question and If your like the rest of us you will, you will have a better understanding of the detailing process. Oh yeah :welcome to Autopia.