PDA

View Full Version : Question about the actual process.

Muck
09-25-2005, 10:00 AM
All of my stuff I ordered is here, and I am hopefully going to get to polishing my black ( :furious: ) Camaro either Wednesday or Thursday, assuming the weather permits it. However, I`m a total newbie to all of this, so I have a couple of questions.

1) Should I use the PC on narrow parts of the car, such as the part next to the windows? Or might that be better being hand-polished?

2) I have t-tops, so should I polish those?

3) I`ve read that things should be done in sections. So, would I polish, say, my hood, then apply the wax/sealant as soon as I`m done polishing a section? Or should I wax after I`m done polishing the entire car?

**EDIT: Crap! I didn`t realize I was in the Detaling Product Discussion forum. Terribly sorry about that. Could a moderator please move this to the Machine Polishing forum?

Richt
09-25-2005, 10:04 AM
1) I have a few tricky narrow bits on my car, ie the rear panel, lower half of the cars are to narrow, front and rear valences are to intricate to use big pads so I use 4 inch spot pads on the PC for these.

3) I go round the whole car polishing, then QD as required and wax.

Black240SX
09-25-2005, 12:10 PM
1. Start with the polisher in an adjacent area, then move into the narrow strip keeping the pad in contact with the paint at all times. This will avoid spattering polish everywhere. Reduce the speed when working in tricky areas. Also reduce the pressure you are applying when only part of the pad is in contact with the paint.

2. Are the T-tops painted? If so, polish them as well.

3. Apply wax after you`ve polished the whole car. That way if you spatter some polish around, you won`t get it on a previously waxed area.