PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning UPP, RMG, VM, and AIO

imported_Neothin
09-24-2005, 09:04 PM
To start off, I recently purchased a nautical blue Scion Tc. Its a dark blue metallic color. I went looking through the picture threads and found that I like how Four Star`s UPP looks on similair colors (the pop is amazing!). So, I went into researching this product to see what works with it and what doesn`t. I think i`ve narrowed it down to optimum polish via white or orange LC VC pad (dealer induced swirls), AIO via LC VC white pad, RMG via LC VC white pad, and finally UPP via LC VC black pad. Then I get on today and suddenly i see threads raving about the results people are getting with a VM/RMG combo. Would this be beneficial to what I want to do with the car, let alone will it still allow UPP to properly bond? what kind of pad do y`all recommend that i use (lake county...) with the VM if i include it in my setup? Should i change any of the pad selections i made thus far? Thanks guys

White95Max
09-24-2005, 09:14 PM
AIO, RMG, VM, and UPP are all great products. Any combination of those will give you a great look. Only you can say which one looks "better". It`s all a matter of opinion, and the difference between those two combos will be subtle.

Use a polishing or finishing pad with VM if you decide to use it.

Scottwax
09-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Honestly, I`d go with NXT Paste over UPP on dark metallic blue. Not sure why but NXT absolutely excels on dark metallic blue paint.

Richt
09-25-2005, 02:00 AM
I use VM before RMG as light polish as it cleans up paint really well by polishing pad on a PC, then add the RMG to add wetness and depth.