PDA

View Full Version : Which Wax on Silver Metallic?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MikeWarner
09-24-2005, 01:03 PM
I currently use P21S but I`m not too extatic over the results. I know silver is really hard to get looking as deep as darker colours, but I just want a little bit more.

I would really like depth to the finish and sharp reflections.

hdi136
09-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi Mike. I use Nattys on my silver 307. Very wet finish and good depth in my opinion.

MikeWarner
09-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Blue or regular?

Pats300zx
09-24-2005, 01:22 PM
My favs:

NXT

EX-P

Richt
09-24-2005, 01:25 PM
AIO topped with 1Z Glanz Wax here.

hdi136
09-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Blue or regular?

I use the regular. A fellow Autopian has offered me a sample of blue Nattys. I will give it a go in the future.

Nick M
09-24-2005, 01:36 PM
What cleaning polishing methods/products are you going to use/are using?

Without proper preparation, you will not reap the true benefit and look out of the wax.

On my silver car today, I clayed, Klasse AIO and a coat of Autoglym EGP. I will add another coat of EGP next week as a starting point for the winter months, then maintain with Optimum Car Wax after washes.

I have found that AIO and EGP or Klasse SG give very sharp clear reflections. Looks ace under petrol station sodium lighting!

Also on silver, back in the summer, I used Clearkote`s Red Machine Glaze and 4* UPP, which gave me a `pop` finish and a look that I have yet to equal.

My first combo on silver was Vanilla Moose and EX-P, which was nice too.

A few weeks ago, I was very impressed with Clearkote`s Yellow Wax and Optimum Car Wax as an LSP, which is the easiest wax product I have used and looked great and stayed very slick up until today when it was all removed by AIO.

Accumulator
09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Here`s another vote for UPP. BF might give a little more depth, it darkens silver just slightly and that might be what you want.

Or you could try my wife`s favorite on silver- Souveran. While most people use it on dark colors, one of its characteristics *is* the way it gives a good impression of depth. On my sorta-silver Jag (rhodium gray single stage metallic, weird paint), Souveran gives me more depth than P21S.

imported_howareb
09-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Zaino for sharp reflections, but it will not help you with depth.

MikeWarner
09-24-2005, 04:08 PM
I currently use Meguiars clay, SSR2.5, SFX2, AIO, P21S. I have some EGP which I`ll give a go next time. Can this be topped with a wax?

docker
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Here`s another vote for UPP. BF might give a little more depth, it darkens silver just slightly and that might be what you want.

Or you could try my wife`s favorite on silver- Souveran. While most people use it on dark colors, one of its characteristics *is* the way it gives a good impression of depth. On my sorta-silver Jag (rhodium gray single stage metallic, weird paint), Souveran gives me more depth than P21S.

I wonder if your rhodium gray is similar to my magnesium metallic? I`ve traditionally went UPP without any wax on top, but I`m getting bored with only bright flakes and would like to try something to deepen the look. Think I`ll order some Souveren, or use Nattys.

klnyc
09-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Detail Pride premium surface shield(DPPSS) looks great on silver or gray.

Nick M
09-25-2005, 02:41 AM
I currently use Meguiars clay, SSR2.5, SFX2, AIO, P21S. I have some EGP which I`ll give a go next time. Can this be topped with a wax?

Yes, EGP can be topped with a wax, I plan to lay down a few coats, then in a few weeks time, (mid Oct) before the salt gets dumped on the road apply a coat of Collinite 845 IW - which should see through the winter ok.

RobD
09-25-2005, 05:19 AM
I really like BF(II) on my Sebring Silver Honda. As mentioned above, it darkens/warms the silver and it looks glossy. To my eye, the BF looks better than UPP on this color. The UPP gives sharp reflections, but it`s not as wet as BF. I tried NXT liquid and didn`t care for it...looked kind of flat.

jeff5614
09-25-2005, 06:04 AM
I wonder if your rhodium gray is similar to my magnesium metallic? I`ve traditionally went UPP without any wax on top, but I`m getting bored with only bright flakes and would like to try something to deepen the look. Think I`ll order some Souveren, or use Nattys.

I`ve used UPP ( with 1Z MP as a base ) on my carbon gray pearl for a few months now and got kinda bored with it too. It looked good but there wasn`t much depth to it so I tried a carnauba ( DP MaxWax ) and it added a lot to the depth. Any muting of the metallic wasn`t all that noticeable and was worth it. One of the things I liked about MaxWax was it didn`t take away that great slickness you get from UPP.