PDA

View Full Version : Product List

Joshua312
09-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Hello everyone, I made a deal with my boss that if I clean the company cars (3) then he would buy me a Porter Cable polisher. I finished them finally, basically did a simple wash, clay, hand polish, and wax. I am getting the Porter Cable tomorrow and I would appreciate it if someone with experience with these products could critique me and tell me if it sounds like a good list or make reccomendations. Thanks for all the help, I love this forum and seeing everyone`s great transformations. You are all very inspiring!

Product List:

Klasse AIO

OCW

Optimum Polish

Optimum Compound

Sealant: Poorboys Ex

Wax: Natys Blue Wax

Poorboys Natural Look

Meguirs hyper dressing for wheel wells

Four Star Paint Cleanser

Red Moose Machine Glaze & Vanilla Moose ( Do I need both of these?)

7.5" Variable Contact Foam Pads from LC

6" velcro backing plate from LC

I already have clay don`t worry :p

Thanks again to all who reply! :bow

Richt
09-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Sounds like a good product list, a lot of my go to`s in there.

As for Red Machine Glaze & Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, get both.

For me VM is great at cleaning up paint PC on a polishing pad, follow that up with RMG and it gets even deeper. Of course you can either use one or another. On good shape paint where I just want a glaze I use the RMG, but if I want to lightly polish the paint and glaze I go VM. On my own car I do both!

On thig missing form your list is a good wash unless you already have one?

How come you have gone for just the Four Star Paint Cleanser?

Joshua312
09-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Hey Richt, Thanks for the quick reply. The wash I have currently is Meguirs Gold, and as for the paint cleanser...Im not too knowledgeable on paint cleansers and I have gone through a couple posts and heard that people had good results, if you have a different opinion Id be glad to listen. :grinno:

Richt
09-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Being as you also had AIO and VM in your list wonderd if you needed to the 4* paint cleanser.

Either AIO or VM will be great before your EX or OCW.

The 4* is another option to I guess!

Joshua312
09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Alright, thanks for savin me a little bit of money :xyxthumbs

imported_Neothin
09-24-2005, 05:38 PM
on a bit of a side note, im looking into ordering some supplies myself... I`ve got a blue metallic color and ive heard that UPP gives good pop. Ive also heard of people running RMG underneith it. Richt, you said that you use VM and RMG together... would anything foul happen if i used aio, vm, rmg, then several layers of upp?

JeffM
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I would skip the 7 1/2 inch pads also.

Get the LC 6" ones or the Sonus SFX-DAS pads.

You can remove the OCP with the OCW, if this is going to be your goto products. So, dont be suprised, as nice as AIO is, it is going to last a long time.

papi_jay
09-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I would replace the Ex with ex-P as you wont have to wax as often it lasts about twice as long as EX .

You can also buy it in much bigger sizes ( 128 oz ) for like $45 at CG so if your boss is buying supplies too look into that as a more budget minded choice . Optimum Spray wax also comes in Gallon size for $30-$40 a gallon depending on where you shop .

6" pads for pc yes instead of 7.5"

pontman43
09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
I would recomend getting the Klasse SG while your at it because in a while you`ll want it to go with your AIO. Or at least this is what happened to me.