PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Paste Glaz replacement recommendation

imported_Totoland Mach
09-23-2005, 02:13 PM
I`m finally getting low on my Pinnacle Paste Glaz (got it on special...should have purchased more quantity).

I`ve really grown fond of using it on customer`s cars. It really makes silver metallic paint pop like no other product I`ve tried.

Any suggestions on a replacement from the Autopian crowd?

Thanks everyone.

Totoland Mach

Wasatch
09-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I think the Signature Series is what Pinnacle sez replaces it. Pizzaz over at TOL is real nice I hear.

JeffM
09-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Speculation is , Max Wax from AG.

Scottwax
09-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Either of the Natty`s would work.

usdm
09-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Natty`s (the white one)

FK1 Hy Temp 1000 paste wax

Optimum Car Wax

Wolfgang Sealant

imported_pugoman
09-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Speculation is , Max Wax from AG.

Yep, from reading a few threads not long ago, it was rumoured that DP Max Wax is pretty similar to Paste Glaz.

imported_Totoland Mach
09-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the responses folks: I might give Natty`s or Max Wax a try. I`ve got a good supply of Wolfgang sealant which I like to use, but the Glaz just added depth that WG didn`t have.

I`ve had good results from Adams Brilliant Spray Glaze, but typical use is just before a car show and not for everyday customers. I don`t think it would last very long on a daily car either.

Totoland Mach

klnyc
09-24-2005, 06:27 AM
PB Nattys is good enuf.

DetailQueen
09-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Max Wax is very nice for the price! :grinno:

DM101
09-26-2005, 09:58 AM
"When I launched Pinnacle in 1992, I started with Souveran Paste Wax for dark color vehicles and Paste Glaz Paste Wax for light color vehicles. In layman`s terms, Paste Glaze contained a high polymer content for a brighter shine which compliments light colors while Souveran used wetting oils to increase the carnauba`s natural jetting factor or darkening characteristic. Over time we found that we could put more polymers in a liquid product. The amount of wax in Paste Glaz was actually inhibiting the amount of shine we could produce. Liquid Souveran was introduced to compliment white, silver, grey, beige, light yellow and light blue finishes. It contains a base of Brazilian Ivory Carnauba for transparency but is packed with highly reflective, crystalline polymers.

Liquid Souveran produces a mirror-like shine that can be layered in multiple coats without any discoloration or yellowing. In 2004, we retired Paste Glaz Paste Wax as Liquid Souveran really surpassed it in shine.

Q: Do you recommend Souveran Paste Wax is for dark color vehicles and Liquid Souveran is for light color finishes?

A: That was my intent but there are no absolutes in judging shine because it is a personal preference. If you have a black car and like a bright shine, then Liquid Souveran is the right wax for you. There is no "right" or "best" wax. Only by trying different waxes on your vehicle will you be able to decide what looks best to you."

DM101
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
If you want more PG http://www.thecarwashtimes.com/catalog_topoftheline_pinnacle_paste_glaz_wax.htm

imported_Totoland Mach
09-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks MDRX8: I`ll grab some product from them. I`ve got a smidge of Liquid Souveran somewhere in my aresenal and might do a side-by-side.

Totoland Mach