PDA

View Full Version : Little Advice please.........

T@sound-xtreme
09-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Ok I recently got some Meguiars things from there ebay thing, and i wanted to see if i can get some advice.

I will be doing a Black Focus.

This is what i got to work with

Hi-Tech Car Wash

Professional Detailing Clay - Aggressive

Cleaner Wax - Paste

Medallion Premium Paint Protection

Gold Class Clear Coat Paste Car Wax

I have a mr clean autodry, wash mitt, and some micrfiber towles as well as some terry cloth towels.

What should be my order i use these, when, how, and why.

Thanks in advance.

Tyler

rollman
09-23-2005, 01:51 PM
I would forgo the clay , it`s pretty aggresive , you could do more damage then good to your paint.

JustinR32
09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Agreed, skip the clay.

Wash, then use either the MPPP or the GC Paste. use very thin coats.

What year is the Focus? How many miles, and how would you characterize the condition of the finish?

Tom

rollman
09-23-2005, 02:01 PM
I forgot to mention you get :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs for helping out the people affected by the hurricane.

:buffing:

T@sound-xtreme
09-26-2005, 07:45 AM
Agreed, skip the clay.

Wash, then use either the MPPP or the GC Paste. use very thin coats.

What year is the Focus? How many miles, and how would you characterize the condition of the finish?

Tom

Should i get the http://autopia-carcare.com/son-3200-300.html and use that instead of the agressive clay?

When should i use the agreesive clay if ever?

Its an 03 focus, with 20,500 miles, and Id say the finish is very good still.

Tyler

Wasatch
09-26-2005, 08:20 AM
The Sonus clay is some good stuff. Use the more aggressive stuff of paint over-spray.

the other pc
09-26-2005, 08:41 AM
...When should i use the agreesive clay if ever?...The aggressive clay can haze some finishes. It`s meant to be used when the contaminants are heavy and you know you`ll be polishing afterwards anyway.

PC.

T@sound-xtreme
09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
now all I need is a used PC. :)

Tyler

T@sound-xtreme
10-07-2005, 06:45 AM
ok so whats the purpose of the cleaner wax

the paint protection

and the GC wax?

Thanks

Tyler

T@sound-xtreme
10-09-2005, 10:03 AM
bump

Tyler

Accumulator
10-09-2005, 10:09 AM
T@sound-xtreme- The green Sonus clay is my most-used clay, but IMO you might be better off with the *gray* Sonus clay since it hasn`t been clayed recently. The green stuff is good for use when contaminants get stuck to your wax. It`s so mild it doesn`t take off much wax so you don`t have to rewax every time you use it. I dunno if I`d ever have a need for the aggressive Meguiar`s stuff. Between the two grades of Sonus clay I`m pretty well covered unless something truly awful ever happens involving overspray.

Cleaner wax will clean the paint and provide a little wax protection. It won`t remove any marring. The MPPP and GC wax are LSPs, the former being purely synthetic. Slightly redundant to use cleaner wax/MPPP/GC but that`s the order I`d use them in if you want to use them all. Keep `em off any black plastic/rubber trim ;)

T@sound-xtreme
10-11-2005, 10:02 AM
well i dont want to really use them all, thats why I was wondering what my method, and steps should be? And when and why I should use the other things.

Tyler