PDA

View Full Version : Is Klasse AIO beneficial under a sealant besides SG?

TGates
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I just ordered some 4* UPP and Optimum Polish. I am going to try these products out together and was wondering if a coat of Klasse AIO would be beneficial after the Optimum and before the UPP. It seems it would be best applied directly over the freshly polished surface for proper bonding, but it seems strange to me to go straight from an abrasive polish to a sealant. On the other hand, it seems the AIO would hinder the bonding process of UPP to the paint. Any thoughts?

imported_becks
09-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I always put a layer of AIO down first before I put UPP on and I haven`t had any bonding issues.

docker
09-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Blacksunshine - I have had good luck with AIO & UPP and it looks exceptionally nice on silver metallic. Currently my magnesium metallic is straight 4* (UPC, UPPx4), however I am going to do the same thing that your talking about and do AIO/UPP this weekend. I just got some Optimum Polish also and am tempted to use it before AIO, but I am still not comfortable using a PC on a brand new finish. Call me a chicken sh*t.

My hope is that AIO does a good enough job removing all products from the surface, including some dealer-installed sealant that was installed incorrectly (resulting in faint water spots). So, I`m going to use the PC and Optimum Polish only if needed.

So, it looks like your a Z fan... you going top the UPP with Z this time? I have never used it and would be interested in how it looks on top of UPP on your silver flaker.

TGates
09-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Blacksunshine - I have had good luck with AIO & UPP and it looks exceptionally nice on silver metallic. Currently my magnesium metallic is straight 4* (UPC, UPPx4), however I am going to do the same thing that your talking about and do AIO/UPP this weekend. I just got some Optimum Polish also and am tempted to use it before AIO, but I am still not comfortable using a PC on a brand new finish. Call me a chicken sh*t.

My hope is that AIO does a good enough job removing all products from the surface, including some dealer-installed sealant that was installed incorrectly (resulting in faint water spots). So, I`m going to use the PC and Optimum Polish only if needed.

So, it looks like your a Z fan... you going top the UPP with Z this time? I have never used it and would be interested in how it looks on top of UPP on your silver flaker.

I think you`ll be pleasantly surprised at how well AIO will clean up your paint. If it doesn`t clear up the water spots/etching/etc. by hand, try to talk yourself into using the PC with a polishing pad with the AIO. You have to be a mad ape to marr a finish with a PC. I had a black G35 when I tried out my PC for the first time. I used 1ZPP and the Klasse Twins topped with Souveran and I was floored by the results.

It just seems to me that since AIO isn`t a pure cleaner (it leaves a layer of acrylic protection) that other sealants wouldn`t bond as well on top of it rather than to a bare surface. OTOH, it would be nice to have the additional layer of protection the AIO provides. :think:

I do love Zaino, but am getting the itch to try new products again. I wouldn`t top Zaino with anything or vice versa. I have never seen better results topping Zaino with a carnauba or other sealant, and highly doubt Zaino would bond properly over anything but a bare surface. Just my opinion. Good luck with your car this weekend.

toml
09-23-2005, 08:01 AM
I just ordered some 4* UPP and Optimum Polish. I am going to try these products out together and was wondering if a coat of Klasse AIO would be beneficial after the Optimum and before the UPP. It seems it would be best applied directly over the freshly polished surface for proper bonding, but it seems strange to me to go straight from an abrasive polish to a sealant. On the other hand, it seems the AIO would hinder the bonding process of UPP to the paint. Any thoughts?

AIO followed by UPP has been a favorite combo on this site. I used this combo without any problems on my dark grey pearl Accord before I switched to RMG and CMW.

z400
09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Would it be ok to do this? Sorry to jack the thread..

AIO

EX

Nattys?

sQuashed
09-23-2005, 08:27 PM
Would it be ok to do this? Sorry to jack the thread..

AIO

EX

Nattys?

You betcha!!Let the EX cure for 24 hrs or so first :xyxthumbs