PDA

View Full Version : Where can I locally get syringes?

tzec
09-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Where can I locally go to get some syringes for measuring out product? I searched "syringe" and found a bunch of topics about using them, but not really where to find them (other than having a friend in health care - which, unfortuneately, I do not). Thanks!

TortoiseAWD
09-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Try your vet (if you have pets), or local pet stores . . . depending on the size you need, you can check with your pharmacist, too.

I get 30mL (one ounce) oral syringes from my vet`s clinic; they`re kind enough to give them to me FOC.

Good luck,

Tort

imported_kgb
09-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Your local crack dealer is a good place to start. Kidding! I see them behind the counter at my local pharmacy all the time.

Big Leegr
09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I got a 5ml/1tsp oral syringe at a buck store. I`ve also seen them at `Marts in the infant sections. (Usually more than a buck, though.)

TortoiseAWD
09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
One thing to note . . . for larger sizes (30mL/1oz. and up), you may need to resort to some sort of vet or farm supply. Most pharmacies stock oral syringes because they`re convenient for giving meds to small children; the couple of places I checked before I went to my vet only had 10mL as the largest size.

Tort

tzec
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks a bunch, everyone :bigups

Asonyexec
09-21-2005, 02:35 PM
If you have a stable supply, horse supply type store around you they usually have them. or you can try these people www.mooremedical.com 1 doz 60CC runs about $30.

jfelbab
09-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Where can I locally go to get some syringes for measuring out product? I searched "syringe" and found a bunch of topics about using them, but not really where to find them (other than having a friend in health care - which, unfortuneately, I do not). Thanks!

I picked up a bunch in assorted sizes from American Science and Surplus. (http://www.sciplus.com/about.cfm)

tzec
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by kgb:

Your local crack dealer is a good place to start.

lol

Nice link, jfelbab. You guys are awesome. Thanks again :grinno:

Roadster J
09-21-2005, 06:16 PM
For me, the easiest source for large syringes is the local Tractor Supply Company store (in the equine section). It`s a large chain, check their web site for one near you.

imported_Dave Holmes
09-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Depending on where you live, your local high school may pass them out free of charge. They keep them next to the free condoms., which come in designer colors.

Seriously, a vet would probably have the larger sizes you need. When our kids were smaller, we used to get small ones from the local drug store chains to administer liquid medicines. But they were probably too small for your purpose.

You could also check in the houseware sections of larger stores like Wal Mart. Some people use them to inject bastings and stuff in turkeys, etc. And these ones are quite large.

Dave