PDA

View Full Version : Which Pad with SSR2.5?

dchu1975
09-20-2005, 09:29 PM
I just purchased SSR2.5, and I was going to use it with an orange pad. I have read people getting hazing with this combo. My question is how effective is SSR2.5 with a white polishing pad? Or is it not worth it at all? My paint is 6 months old with slight swirls, etc. Thanks.

Richt
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
I always use it with a polishing pad first, before stepping up to light cutting or cutting pad.

Paint colour and/or softness will determine if a cutting pad will leave haze. I used it on light gold and silver at the weekend with the Sonus SFX cutting pad and was able to go to LSP with no haze left. Make sure you work the product so it breaks down.

White95Max
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
2.5 with a green pad can be very effective, and I`ve never gotten hazing from it, even on black paint.

4830Deuce
09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
work from your least aggressive to most aggressive, to tell you the truth I have never had hazing with any product with my PC...youre going to have to make your own judgements on what is needed based on your knowledge....but a good starting point would be to just progressively work the aggressiveness up....

Jonny_venus
09-21-2005, 01:32 PM
I used SSR2.5 today with an LC yellow pad (Cutting), and to be honest I could have went straight to my LSP, but vanilla moose tempted me too much, I have a Steel blue BMW, my results were probably due to the hard clear coat.

As others have stated, try the least aggressive method first, if your paint is only 6 months old I`d would try a polishing pad first.

PK