PDA

View Full Version : Easier drying with certain LSP`s?

MattZ28
01-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Lately I`ve noticed that drying the car can be easier with certain waxes/sealants on the paint. I always use the same towels, and I`ve been testing this out for awhile, so I`m pretty sure it`s the LSP that is effecting this.

When using certain LSP`s that have an extreme sheeting or beading effect, I`ve noticed that it takes forever to get a spot-free finish. I need at least 2-3 waffle weaves to dry the whole car spot-free, and I need to go over the same area several times. It seems like when I use waxes or sealants with a balance between sheeting and beading (Wolfgang, any of the Pinnacle Waxes, P21S/S100, etc.). It seems to be more of a problem with sealants than waxes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

PS - I know P21S/S100 beads like crazy at first, but immediately dies down after the first wash in my experience.

I also use the same rinsing procedure each time I wash. I rinse with a free-flowing, low pressure stream of water from the top down.

I will have to take some pics of this some time....maybe do half of my hood with Souveran, and the other with a different LSP.

jrocc
01-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I like to finish my drying with a regular plush MF towel. Just one pass with the WW and then hit it with a plush one. Almost like buffing off the last drops.

Didn`t really answer your Q, huh. I use NXT and Natty`s and have no problem getting it spot-free. Need to try UPP and its infamous slickness.

Jngrbrdman
01-19-2005, 06:04 PM
I`ve found that no matter which product is on the top, drying is easy if you run a slow stream of water over the car. It sort of sluffs the water right off the car. Obviously its better if you have a fresh coat of something or other on the top, but it works the same with everything. I have found that P21S/S100 is the easiest rinsing top product that I have used so far for many reasons. Its just a good one if rinsing is a concern.

awd330
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Yes, some products do seem to react better to the free-flowing rinse. I have noticed this effect many times as I often have different LSPs on each half of my hood or trunk lid. One side will shed water faster than the other side. A faster sheeting effect makes for an easier drying task.