PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Restoration Pics!

Reflctn Perfctn
09-19-2005, 07:52 AM
This is a headlight restoration treatment that i Upsold to a customer that wanted to restore his 1990 5.0 mustang to "Like New condition"

How much do you pros usually upcharge for headligtht restoration and please share your process

My Rigme consisted of a few trials

1.PwC with a red meguiares pad with the PC at speed 6

2.Then I upped to a product with a more aggresive approach with A Medium step compound called Power Prep from "Top of the line" with the red megs pad at speed 6,I did this with 2 passes.

3.Then I steped down to PwC with a Yello megs pad at speed 6 for another 2 passes

BTW I used my old beat up megs pads for this procces because the headlights had little indentations that torn the pad up pretty bad.

I also took off the weather seal from the headlight and forgot to put it back on for the pic.

Super
09-19-2005, 08:17 AM
You can make much more $ by putting on 3M protective film on after polishing. OEM headlights on newer cars does have a thin protective film to protect it from scratching and fading so be careful not to take that protective film off while polishing. Just remember new plastic lens cost new above 200.00 or more so be careful

Jordan@DD
09-19-2005, 10:33 PM
You can make much more $ by putting on 3M protective film on after polishing. OEM headlights on newer cars does have a thin protective film to protect it from scratching and fading so be careful not to take that protective film off while polishing. Just remember new plastic lens cost new above 200.00 or more so be careful

Good advice