PDA

View Full Version : Paint Over-spray on textured plastic

wlhump
09-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Somehow my dark green pickup got a white paint overspray in the last 14 days. :confused: I was able to remove all the overspray on the paint with a good claying, but I have large amounts of the textured black plastic that GM loves so much and the clay wouldn`t touch it. I tried rubbing, dabbing and almost scrubbing with the clay to no avail.

Any suggestions?

p.s. This is the second time in 3 years that this has happened. The first time a search of the internet for solutions brought me to this site in the first place. So, I guess it wasn`t all bad! ;)

salty
09-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I ran into the same problem a year back and found nothing that worked. The only thing that i could suggest is the tip of a razor blade and `flick` off the spots or using a product like "back to black".

Hemi57
09-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Give Mr Clean Magic Erasure a try. Assuming you are in the US, you can pick up a pack of 2 pads in the Household section of Walmart for under $3.00.

I had a paint skid mark on one of my interior vinyl door trims and the Magic Erasure removed it with a little detergent and elbow grease. Just check an inconspicous spot to try at first as you might find that it may smooth the texture.

wlhump
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the help. I have seen the Mr. Clean Eraser mentioned several times on forums here. I`ll have to give it a try. If not, this is going to be a long session with a razor!