PDA

View Full Version : Heard of Armorcoat?

jerry@robs
09-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Did a search, didn`t find anything, looks like some sort of spray on clear bra thing.

http://armorcoat.armorauto.com/

Looks promising, but is it true?

salty
09-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Never heard of it. It looks like a pain to apply and i bet it wouldn`t be cheap.

jerry@robs
09-20-2005, 03:10 AM
salty: well, it`s not an apply-on product like sealants and stuff, it`s clearly stated that it`s a paint type. but if you look back at discussions about benz`s nanopaint, this seems to be quite a good alternative for any car that doesnt come with a three pointed star on the hood.

papi_jay
09-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Since it`s softer than a normal clear coat , I doubt you could polish or buff it out safely .

Sounds like a car condom really

salty
09-20-2005, 08:08 PM
salty: well, it`s not an apply-on product like sealants and stuff, it`s clearly stated that it`s a paint type. but if you look back at discussions about benz`s nanopaint, this seems to be quite a good alternative for any car that doesnt come with a three pointed star on the hood.

I realize that. I read the instructions and it said it should only be applied by a qualified painter.

ssssnake
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
I was also interested in this product. It looks like a thick, elastic clear coat. I wonder how well it works. I would love to find a product other than clear bra to protect the sides of my car from stones thrown up by my tires.

pontman43
11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
It does sound promising. Says you can treat it like the car`s original finish, so I assume you can polish and wax.