PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dusting

qwik5o
09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I am curious as to some opinions on a dash/interior product that is the most resistant to attracting dust.

I have all black interior in my Mustang and the dash really seems to pick up a lot. Armor All was outrageous in the amount it picked up, the switch to 303 wasn`t as bad, but I`m still looking for something "better".

Any opinions?

Thanks. :xyxthumbs

Thomas Dekany
09-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I love Poorboy`s Natural Look.

Richt
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Another vote the above here to, then maintaining/QDing in between with Meguiars Interior Detailer is working well for me at the moment.

Hemi57
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Has anyone heard of a product called "Flash Dash"? My Brother In Law is in the truck crash repair industry and raves about this. They get it in bulk containers. He has given me a small bottle of it but I haven`t tried it yet.

vmunoz
09-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Black Magic`s Semi-Gloss Dashboard Protectant is very good. If you can find it leaves a very matte look and is very good at not collecting dust. One Grand`s Do-it-all+ also is a good choice along with Adam`s VRT.

Do you wipe down the excess after a few minutes of applying product?

vm..

SpoiledMan
09-18-2005, 11:29 PM
No matter what you use on your dash you wont, in my experience, find anything that works as well as Meguiar`s IQD for removing the collected dust and restoring that just detailed look. Get some and try it out.

Lowejackson
09-19-2005, 05:28 AM
I wonder if the dust is a result of not buffing off all the liquid.

qwik5o
09-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Possibly. I have never buffed it off after applying, never saw a need to, guess I should.

Maybe I`ll give it a try. :)

Louie
09-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I use a Swiffer Car duster on my black interior, takes just a minute of two to do the whole car, even picks up lint off my black carpet. Cheap and you won`t be disappointed, comes with 5 refill pads for $4.

05Sleeper
10-03-2005, 09:24 AM
What can I use to fix the horrible neglect my ex-wife has taken on the interior of my Audi? I have Black leather intererior, and it smells as if someone had smoked in the car... Also, there are dirty spots where is looks as if she spilled soda on the center console and doors... I just need a good interior detail, so what can I use to fix these problems? Thanks!

Carlos_B5
10-03-2005, 09:30 AM
all i use is a MF towel and that`s it, sometimes i apply some interior products, but as for the dusting part, all i use is a clean MF towell works great for me, i even use the mf towell for taking dust from the leather seats too

a.k.a. Patrick
10-03-2005, 10:43 AM
all i use is a MF towel and that`s it, sometimes i apply some interior products, but as for the dusting part, all i use is a clean MF towell works great for me, i even use the mf towell for taking dust from the leather seats too

Agreed, somewhat. I rarely use any products on the dash for this reason. Apply protectant maybe quarterly and just dust with a MF or Cal Dash Duster. Once the majority of surface oils are gone, you wont have a problem....but you will still have protection as good products absorb into the vinyls and plastics.....

05Sleeper
10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, I bought a hand swiffer and the Meg`s Interior Detailer that has come so highly recommended. I can not believe that she did this to the car!

Now I need to find a way to get the "New Car Smell" back. Maybe by cleaning the leather....hmmm...

Richt
10-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Zaino Z10 on your leather and Autoglym Autofresh should go somewhere there.