PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Have To Log In Everytime?

TDMAN
01-19-2005, 12:21 PM
It seems that I have to log in and re-log everytime I go to Detail City even though I have asked it to remember my log in info. Just trying to report another glitch among the others. Yes, I get the "sorry no matches found" when I click on the New Posts Icon. I also can`t view pictures. It is asking me to log in and then it tells me that my password is invalid. Not frustrated, just trying to let you know of the glitches that I am experiencing.

AutopiaAdmin
01-19-2005, 12:29 PM
The first thing to do is log out and clear your cookies.

The second thing you have to make sure to do is, if you have Detail City bookmarked, make sure that you have the domain name detailcity.com booked marked and not our old IP.

Once you clear your cookies, check your bookmarks, restart your computer and try logging in, it should work.

grisby
01-19-2005, 12:31 PM
tdman, I had the same problem,did everything Dwayne says and its ok now. My tbl ended up being in the bookmark.
bill g

TDMAN
01-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Thank you. I am so not "computer friendly", I had to ask someone what "cookies" were. I think I will be okay now. Thanks for everything Dwayne.

AutopiaAdmin
01-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Dwayne--
I think I am having similar problems, but my problem is that whenever I want to make a post, a dialog box pops up telling me to connect to detailcity.com. I type in my username and password and click ok and it comes up again. After 3 or 4 tries it allows me to stay logged in. I logged out, deleted m cookies and even re-bookmarked the site even though I was just replacing the existing file. I also restarted...I am always logged in to the site (Welcome, budman3 at the top left hand of the page) It may just be my computer having problems or the site. Just wondering if you knew anything about it! Thanks!

BTW i attached a picture of the box that pops up.

Just click cancel on the popup box. It will popup 2-3 times and disappear. I am aware of it and working on a fix. Just a small annoyance. We still have it made.

budman3
01-19-2005, 07:38 PM
You are so right-- just an annoyance and we sure do have it made! I was just making sure someone was aware of it and I personally want to thank you for everything that you have done around here!

:dcrules

AutopiaAdmin
01-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks! I have a renewed vision for Detail City and if things go as planned, it will be pretty awesome.

Has anyone noticed that the site is lightning fast since the move?

kimwallace
01-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I have noticed it is much faster.
Dwayne, whatever your vision for Detail City is, I am sure it is a great one.
Keep up the great work.
Most of all ... Thank you and thanks to all the sponsers for such an awesome site :)

AutopiaAdmin
01-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Annoying pop up is now gone!

The Fuzz
01-20-2005, 12:08 AM
Did someone say `cookies`? Its late here and I need a snack. Being smooth with the ladies is hungry work. :naughty

norahcrv
01-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I have noticed it is much faster.
Dwayne, whatever your vision for Detail City is, I am sure it is a great one.
Keep up the great work.
Most of all ... Thank you and thanks to all the sponsors for such an awesome site :)

:yeah

Did someone say `cookies`? Its late here and I need a snack. Being smooth with the ladies is hungry work. :naughty

I don`t know about cookies, but we just finished a birthday cake :drool - Sorry, Groebuck ;)

jaybs02
01-20-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah pop ups are gone... thanks Dwayne.

Fuzz: nice avatar :bigups does that mean you are modernizing and shooting the spammers and and undesirables, and letting the ax take a rest

Norah: Happy birthday to whomever.

"J"