PDA

View Full Version : removing sanding marks with a pc

03k20a2
09-17-2005, 01:49 PM
well i have a few questions. first my car got repainted about 2 months ago and today i really noticed some sanding marks. can i use ssr 3 and a yellow pad via pc to get them out. there is also some sanding marks on the front fender. also, im goin to be wetsading my unlces car in a few spots. is the pc, ssr 3, yellow pad, possibly wool, strong enough to get out 2000 grit sanding marks or should i use like 2400 grit? one last question, my decklid has terrible orange peel and was gonna take either 2000 grit if i can or 2400 grit and wetsand the whole decklid. sorry for all the questions but my main questions are is the pc strong enough to get 2000 grit sanding marks?

imported_Picus
09-17-2005, 02:30 PM
SSR3 and a cutting pad will remove 2000 grit marks if you`re careful when sanding. I did an entire hood (you can click on my sig link to see afters), it just took a *long* time. 3000 grit marks come out much, much, easier, so I would recommend getting the highest grit you can and sanding very lightly.

Accumulator
09-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I`d go with the Meguiar`s Unigrit 3K. I don`t use the SSR stuff. but I don`t have any problems removing the 3K scratches, I`ve even done it by hand. DO get the Unigrit stuff though, leaves a much finer finish than 3M/etc. I`ve done OK with 2.5K also, but I always recommend the 3K stuff.

If the scratches you`re talking about are below the clear (they`re often below the *paint period*) you won`t be able to remove them. When these show up after the paint has cured, you either live with them or have it redone.