PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washer suggestion needed

Thomas Dekany
09-15-2005, 07:07 PM
What do you guys recommend? I am getting one for my birthday. 10/06/2005

brwill2005
09-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Check out the Camspray model that TOL carries. It is electric, which is great considering how much gas costs these days. Dont be fooled though, it is heavy duty. It states that it draws nearly 20 Amps, but I have had no problem running it off of a 15 amp outlet. BTW, I am not too far from Fairfax, in fact I went to school at Mason. We should get together sometime and talk detailing.

Thomas Dekany
09-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Check out the Camspray model that TOL carries. It is electric, which is great considering how much gas costs these days. Dont be fooled though, it is heavy duty. It states that it draws nearly 20 Amps, but I have had no problem running it off of a 15 amp outlet. BTW, I am not too far from Fairfax, in fact I went to school at Mason. We should get together sometime and talk detailing.

Thanks!

Yes we should definately get together.

Where is your shop?

brwill2005
09-15-2005, 08:09 PM
No shop yet:) Right now I do pick up and delivery, and if people really insist, I will go to their residence. I hope in the future to get a mobile detailing trailer with a water tank, generator, etc. Then I would need something to pull it though. I will send you a PM with my cell number, call me anytime.

Thomas Dekany
09-19-2005, 10:58 PM
anyone else?

GTScott
09-20-2005, 04:30 AM
I have a small Craftsman (Sears) Clean and Carry. I have had it for 3 years I think now and have had a number of issues with it. While all small and related to parts defects, they have been annoying. This is one that I would personally knock off the list.

-GT

Super
09-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Get a Cat pump /w Honda engine will last you years of service, I suggest you visit a pro pressure washing service Co. near you they can set you up with something that you will enjoy.

pressure cleaners you get at big hardware stores are disposable crap, go ask any small engine mechanic they have lots of then in there junk pile

imported_WCD
09-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Agreed with above about CAT and Honda. Have bought 2 and never ANY problem with either one. Previously, bought 2 from HomeDepot that lasted about 1 yr. total and only used on Saturdays. They do have newer and better equip., but pay for the quality now and it will cost you less over time.

Northern Tool has a good selection of electric models as well.

Rob

psl car wash
09-20-2005, 04:30 PM
click me!!! (http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/product/productInfo.web?&infoParam.itemKey=30099823&infoParam.picGroupKey=3282)

i have 2 of those

the best by far!!! :hifive:

AMDin93103
09-20-2005, 07:05 PM
CAT/Honda :xyxthumbs

I figure I have logged about 40-60 hours on this model that I bought from Rightlook (http://www.rightlook.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=24) and haven`t had an issue yet. It takes two pulls in the morning to wake `er up but after that its smooth sailing. I cannot remember how much I paid, it was purchased with quite a few other items . . . definitely less than $1000. HTH

Thomas Dekany
09-20-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks so much everybody!

MorBid
09-20-2005, 08:16 PM
You never said if it was for business or residential? Do you prefer Gas or Electric?

Gas ones are good for cleaning the siding on your house, concrete and driveway cleaning but are overkill IMHO for just doing your own cars where not that much pressure is required in the first place.

Now if your mobile detailing, running a business, than gas might be the way to go as you may be limited on access to power.

I have a Karcher Electric one that I brought last fall from Sears and have used it at least twice a week since (even in the dead of winter) to do my whip`s. Cleans the wheel`s/wells and undercarriage quite nicely.

Thomas Dekany
09-20-2005, 08:52 PM
business and electric.

It is very rare that I have no excess to power while detailing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MorBid
09-20-2005, 09:30 PM
My bad, didn`t see you sig.

What ever you do make sure you get one that allows for varying of fan size at the nozzle. The wider the better for cars. Otherwise we move into the stripping of paint hazard.

usdm
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I have a small Karcher model. Does pretty good job, and is very compact. However,

mine doesn`t have wheels so it can be a pita to drag around. Another option

are the models that have wheels. Very quiet, and can get up to about 3k gpm.

You obviously wont need that much, but it`s nice to know you have that power

if you want to do more than just powerwash cars.