PDA

View Full Version : how to remove clearcoat?

derek37
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Got a friend who has his clearcoat peeling on the lower part of his door. It looks pretty crappy so we were thinking about removing it. What would be a quick and safe way to do this? It`s a black toyota corrolla. Also for the blending aspect to the other panels, what could be done to make it shine as close as possible to the existing panels?

psl car wash
09-14-2005, 07:05 PM
only one way to fix this.....repaint.

once started its just gunna spred no matter what you do.

u can peel off the big pieces if youd like.

imported_Burlyq
09-14-2005, 07:06 PM
It wont match other panels if you remove the failure, second vote to repaint.

derek37
09-14-2005, 07:28 PM
yeah he doesn`t want to fix it. We`re aware that it DOES need to repainted; he just doesn`t want to do it. Just looking for the best way to remove the clear on that panel so it doesn`t look like crap(all peeling and such). He doesn`t care much about the car; he just wanted to know how to remove it.

derek37
09-14-2005, 07:30 PM
and keep in mind this is on the lower part of the dppor separated by a trim piese. This is the only are where the clear is peeling.

budman3
09-15-2005, 05:48 AM
I don`t think there is any way possible to remove the clear coat. And if you could, I`m sure it will look a whole lot worse than what it does now. If he doesn`t care about the car why bother? The only route I think for him is to spray can it with some black, sand it, the whole 9 yards then clear it. I bet it`ll look a lot better if done right. And its cheap too.