PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z2 pro

SILVERHEMI05
09-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Is it necessary to use the FX flash excellerator before using the Zaino Z2 pro?

Lenny
09-14-2005, 10:24 AM
According to the Zaino web site, ZFX or Z-1, is mandatory, especially for the first coat.

imported_Picus
09-14-2005, 10:44 AM
You don`t need to use ZFX with Z2Pro, but you won`t be able to layer several layers the same day. I never use it because I normally only do one layer a day for a couple days.

GTScott
09-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I may be doing something wrong, but I find that it goes on and comes off a *bit* cleaner without the ZFX. This may just be in my head.

I also do what is mentioned above and just do a coat a day for several days.

-GT

imported_Picus
09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I may be doing something wrong, but I find that it goes on and comes off a *bit* cleaner without the ZFX. This may just be in my head.

I also do what is mentioned above and just do a coat a day for several days.

-GT

I agree - it seems to come off easier without ZFX, but that just might be a product of only having to do one coat a day, and not laboring as you try to get off the 3rd coat of the afternoon. :D

autoweenie
09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
On a related topic...

Anybody here found himself/herself missing the good o` Z2?

I used the new Z2pro on my white car last weekend.

It is a wetter look, I think.

But I missed that "sparkly" look of the old Z2.

The Z2pro on my white car reminds me of Liquid Souveran (on the same car).

Daz 350z
09-14-2005, 01:18 PM
This is my first post on here, I am a keen detailer since I got my current car and have been converted to Zaino. This is what mine looks like after about 5 coats of Z2

imported_memnuts
09-14-2005, 01:28 PM
On a related topic...

Anybody here found himself/herself missing the good o` Z2?

I used the new Z2pro on my white car last weekend.

It is a wetter look, I think.

But I missed that "sparkly" look of the old Z2.

The Z2pro on my white car reminds me of Liquid Souveran (on the same car).

On my white SUV I sometimes top the the Z2-PRO with the last version of Z2 for that extra "sparkle" you mentioned. The results is the wetness and depth of Z2-PRO with added sparkle. :dance

All Zaino polishes require ZFX or Z1 for initial coat or after 8-10 previously applied coats. Any layers (coats) in between these perimeters is optional. :xyxthumbs

Looking GOOOOOD Daz 350z !!!! :bigups

wannafbody
09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
for those who aren`t using the ZFX are you experiencing less durability?

autoweenie
09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
BlkZ, sounds good.

The question is can I still get the last version of Z2 (my Z2 is down to the last 1 1/2 oz - probably can get 10 coats out of that if I apply it reaaal thin).

Scottwax
09-14-2005, 03:06 PM
for those who aren`t using the ZFX are you experiencing less durability?

What he asked.

The only real way Zaino is a viable option for my customers without charging more is to be able to apply a layer of Z2 Pro without adding ZFX. You mention `layering` to most people and they want you to use something that protect with one application. :nixweiss

steveAZ
09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
What he asked.

The only real way Zaino is a viable option for my customers without charging more is to be able to apply a layer of Z2 Pro without adding ZFX. You mention `layering` to most people and they want you to use something that protect with one application. :nixweiss

I think you`re doing them a service if you offer zaino as part of your normal routine. But how do you use Z2pro without ZFX or Z1?

imported_Picus
09-14-2005, 03:19 PM
You apply one layer as normal, just like a regular sealant. You don`t need to layer Z2Pro, it`s just one of the benefits of it, I guess. I used to apply Z2pro with no ZFX all the time, but just did one coat every 24 hours, or just one coat period.

imported_memnuts
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
When I do a paying job (maybe 1 a month) I use Zaino, only protectant I offer, I must use ZFX.

Four reasons: it is the initial coat (Z1 takes too long to dry), I always apply 2 layers, ZFX mixture dries and cures faster and I can top with Z8 without overwhelming the system.