PDA

View Full Version : Most compatable QD for Klasse SG?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_SHICKS
09-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Hi-

I`ve been using KSG for about a year now, using various QD`s and LSP`s. It`s time to reapply Klasse Twins. When layering KSG which QD will not cause bonding issues between layers, and help remove SG? I have used EO wipe n shine, but I think I may have removed more SG than I put on or cuased bonding issues.

So what are the Klasse users recommending for a QD. Acrylic Glanz is not available anymore and I heard about the streaking issues with Sonus Detailing Spritz.

Thanks,

Steve

beastie
09-14-2005, 06:37 AM
I`ve had no bonding issues using EO QD with SG. I use Sonus Acrylic Spritz to make SG look really nice. I use EO only as tool, not to get the best look out of SG.

Some say just use water.

imported_SHICKS
09-14-2005, 07:11 AM
I`ve had no bonding issues using EO QD with SG. I use Sonus Acrylic Spritz to make SG look really nice. I use EO only as tool, not to get the best look out of SG.

Some say just use water.

Yea, I have tried water. If I leave SG on for an hour or so, it seems to come off ok. When I am in the 24 hour period, I like to QD the dust off before the next layer. I just don`t want to disrupt the bonding of layers.

Steve

imported_SHICKS
09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Yea, I have tried water. If I leave SG on for an hour or so, it seems to come off ok. When I am in the 24 hour period, I like to QD the dust off before the next layer. I just don`t want to disrupt the bonding of layers.

Steve

Anyone else? I have not really heard of a QD recommended for Klasse other than the SONUS brand. I have NXT speed detailer and ShowTime and Eagle One. I have acess to crystal mist, but I doubt that would work.

Steve

Mad iX
09-14-2005, 05:16 PM
#34 is the most compatible QD I`ve used. Doesn`t seem to have a problem with anything.

Sonus and Crystal Mist QDs will work a lot better on the right products, though.

imported_SHICKS
09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
So it seems I can use eagle one wipe n shine without any bonding issues between layers? I just did a 2006 tungsten gray mustang today, I will apply the 2nd layer of SG soon, but not sure if I should wash or just qd, it will be driven in the morning, but I doubt it will be very dirty.

So should I use a qd between layers?

Thanks,

Steve

Pats300zx
09-18-2005, 05:13 PM
3 that I can think of:

Mothers Showtime

Eagle One Wipe and Shine

Megs #34 Final Inspection

I have used all three over SG with no issues.

Davy
09-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Hi-

So what are the Klasse users recommending for a QD. Acrylic Glanz is not available anymore and I heard about the streaking issues with Sonus Detailing Spritz.

Thanks,

Steve

This is my 1 and only QD for KSG. Can anyone else confirm that it is no longer available. It is still available in the shop from what I can see. Have they replaced it with a better product?

Thanks

Davy

imported_SHICKS
09-19-2005, 03:25 AM
3 that I can think of:

Mothers Showtime

Eagle One Wipe and Shine

Megs #34 Final Inspection

I have used all three over SG with no issues.

Thanks, I have 2 of the 3, so I should be ok.

BTW- the 2006 mustang was delivered on Sat and we clayed it on Sun. I cannot beleive how much the clay removed on a new car.

Steve

imported_pugoman
09-19-2005, 04:33 AM
I wonder if the Menzerna Acrylic Shield spray would be ok? Should certainly be ok for maintaing KSG but not sure about using it between layers.

Pats300zx
09-19-2005, 04:36 AM
This is my 1 and only QD for KSG. Can anyone else confirm that it is no longer available. It is still available in the shop from what I can see. Have they replaced it with a better product?

Thanks

Davy

Yes...it has been replaced with the Detailing Spritz...

uconn1150
09-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Somewhere here, someone suggested 3oz of AIO to 13oz of Water to make a good QD. Dunno how the results were.

imported_SHICKS
09-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Somewhere here, someone suggested 3oz of AIO to 13oz of Water to make a good QD. Dunno how the results were.

I have not tried it as a QD, but did add it to some wash once. Kind of just killed the bubbles.

Steve

wannafbody
09-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Eagle One W&S

beastie
09-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Schicks,

I too have tried adding AIO to wash. Same thing, bubbles are killed. But the shine after the wash is awesome. I usually QD after a wash to bring up the shine but there`s no need for that with AIO in wash. Helps get a cleaner car too as I seem to get more dirt off the car whemn using it. It is like exfoliating the car and new, fresh skin is revealed. It doesn`t really remove SG to matter that much. Needless to say, I don`t do this too often as QD is cheaper. Also, I don`t use this method when I have anything other than SG on my paint. But AIO in the wash is also a super way of washing when you plan on adding on another layer of SG.