PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Sonax products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MikeWarner
09-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Yes, Sonax, not Sonus. They are a German company who seem to be pretty big in Europe (but not the UK). You can get their products in the UK from GM dealerships. Sonax obviously do pretty well sales wise as they can afford F1 car sponsorship.

Does anyone use thier products? Are they any good? From looking at their website (http://www.sonax.com) they do seem to sell proper detailing products - including clay (which is rare for a European company as clay is almost unheard of here).

Any info would be great. :)

Richt
09-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Sonax Gloss Shampoo, cheapest place is Vauxhall dealers for it, my go to shampoo love it.

The mix quantity`s on the back seem a little strong so I half them. Great Gloss and very slick. Was a popular choice on here till Sonax pulled out off the US/ or became hard to get IIRC.

MikeWarner
09-12-2005, 03:54 AM
So the stuff in general is supposed to be decent then?

Richt
09-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Said to be, the rim cleaner and shampoo are the only ones I remember being discussd on here.

Lowejackson
09-12-2005, 04:19 AM
The wheel cleaner is good as well

benpocock
09-12-2005, 05:00 AM
I`ve got their leather care as well which is OK, but wouldn`t say it stands out as being exceptional. I used to use their wheel cleaner but don`t like the new forumlation so have moved away. I also haven`t used their shampoo in a while, prefering PB SS&S.

Ben

Lowejackson
09-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Said to be, the rim cleaner and shampoo are the only ones I remember being discussd on here.

The wheel cleaner is good as well

Sorry, I misread Rich`s rim cleaner for trim cleaner :o

Richt
09-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Surely PB S&S cant match Sonax for price tho? My local Vauxhall dealer was selling it for £3.51 a litre!

imported_pugoman
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Sonax Gloss Shampoo and R2000 Wheel Cleaner are both very nice products, both are on my shelf at the moment.

If you can get a 5 litre container of the shampoo, it works out very good value. I paid £14 for 5 litres but I`ve heard of some dealers selling it for less. All the dealers in the UK seems to have different prices for the Sonax range, very odd if you ask me!

benpocock
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
At that price I`d still be using it, buy my local Vauxhall dealership sells it for £10/litre which puts it in amongst a lot of other shampoos.

I`m going to try Meg`s Hyper Wash next and see how that stands up.

Ben

imported_pugoman
09-13-2005, 09:18 AM
At that price I`d still be using it, buy my local Vauxhall dealership sells it for £10/litre which puts it in amongst a lot of other shampoos.

:shocked £10 a litre!! They must have made a mistake, I`d question them over that. Have you not got any other Vauxhall dealers around your area?

I`d be more than willing to sell you a litre at cost price if you`re interested? Let me know.

tom p.
09-13-2005, 09:37 AM
the wheel cleaner is decent. The Gloss Shampoo is a fine product!

benpocock
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
:shocked £10 a litre!! They must have made a mistake, I`d question them over that. Have you not got any other Vauxhall dealers around your area?

I`d be more than willing to sell you a litre at cost price if you`re interested? Let me know.

Thanks for the offer Craig, but I`ve still got half a bottle of GC and half a bottle of NXT that I`m making my way through, then I want to try Hyper Wash which which will last a condsiderable time!

Ben

Lowejackson
09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
My local dealer charged me just under £5 for half a litre, I asked about larger sizes and they said it is only avaiable in 1/2 litre bottles :down

imported_pugoman
09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I asked about larger sizes and they said it is only avaiable in 1/2 litre bottles :down

Another case of a stealership talking out of their ar5e... :p