PDA

View Full Version : I want my Black 2001 F150 truck to look like new, I`m considering...

giorgio
09-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi to all...

I want my Black 2001 F150 truck`s paint to look like new,

so I was told about Maaco, I have seen their packages...

Does the best package worth the 1000US for the job? that package says it returns the Factory look.

Plus they have checked the truck and they`re gonna charge me like 300US more for some Door hits(or dents, not sure how to say it in english)

And even for my 3 Vinyl logos signs (2 doors and 1 at the back) because they say they need to work on it otherwise the letters of my signs are gonna show, as marks or somethingĂ‚¿Ă‚¿??, that seemed strange to me.

So what do you think?

Or should I better pay someone to tell me exactly how to do it and what to buy so I can then paint my truck what ever the color I want and when ever I want?

Or should I take the second package with 4 years of warranty?(like 750US)

Saludos

Giorgio

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/jagarco/Picture002_21Feb05.jpg

imported_truzoom
09-11-2005, 10:54 PM
If you want a quality repaint, you`ll have to pay a good amount of money. I wouldn`t trust Maaco to do a good job; they might do an acceptable job, but they aren`t going to take the time to do "bodyshop work".

What exactly is wrong with your paint? You might be able to fix it with a good detail.

Accumulator
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I`d be surprised if a 2001 couldn`t be detailed back into acceptable condition.

Is the Maaco package a detailing job or a repaint?

If it`s a detailing job, it sounds way too expensive. You could have it done by many of the pros here for *far* less. You could probably buy the equipment and products and do at least as good a job yourself.

If it`s a repaint, they`re not even close to what you`re expecting- they`re way too *inexpensive*. A true "like new" paint job requires removing the glass and trim, taking off many body parts, and will cost thousands of dollars. And even then the results are often disappointing if you`re a perfectionist.

Don`t even think about painting it yourself.

4830Deuce
09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
I agree with above...I think a quality detail will get the paint looking pretty darn nice...and i would never trust maaco for a paint job, for a truck like yours I would expect the job to cost no less then 3000 for a decent paint job.

imported_truzoom
09-12-2005, 09:35 AM
If you do get it repainted, why not give the front end a shot of paint, too? Looks like you`ve got a work-truck package there.