PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and Meguiar`s NXT

Pages : [1] 2

DopeCelicaGT
09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Has anybody ever used Zaino on their car and then topped it off with Meguiar`s NXT?? Someone told me that this was a bad idea and I have yet to figure out why that would be. What is your thoughts?

aaron33
09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
NXT has some slight chemical cleaning ability and that would dull the Zaino finish.

imported_DARKSTI
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
the NXT would take off the Zaino due to cleaners in the formula.

chml17l
09-12-2005, 07:21 AM
I seriously doubt the slight chemical cleaners in NXT wax would have much power to remove too much Z2. You may have a bonding issue due to the different chemical makeups between the two sealants, but hey, you can always experiment and tell us how it worked out.

drewski59
09-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Why do you want to top Z with NXT anyways?

DopeCelicaGT
09-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Just cause I got a wild hair one day and decided to do it just to see what happened. I used to top Zaino off with Meguiar`s #7 which is pure wax but I just wanted to see what the NXT would do. It actually worked out very nicely and I really do not think that it removed any of the Zaino at all. I was also not aware that NXT had cleaners in it. I guess only time will tell how the Zaino held up to the topcoat of NXT, but for now the finish looks awesome.

imported_memnuts
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM
NXT has abrasives (mild) that will remove the Zaino, at least most of it. What you are seeing on your vehicle presently is only NXT.

These 2 products are completely incompatible no matter what order they are applied. Zaino will not bonding well with a NXT`d surface and NXT will abrade off Zaino.

P.S. Meg #7 is a glaze with no protective properties, not a pure wax.

With all this stated, "experimenting is a good thing". :wavey

DopeCelicaGT
09-12-2005, 05:08 PM
NXT has abrasives (mild) that will remove the Zaino, at least most of it. What you are seeing on your vehicle presently is only NXT.

These 2 products are completely incompatible no matter what order they are applied. Zaino will not bonding well with a NXT`d surface and NXT will abrade off Zaino.

P.S. Meg #7 is a glaze with no protective properties, not a pure wax.

With all this stated, "experimenting is a good thing". :wavey

Well with what you just said experimenting is a bad thing. I put a lot of work in my car that day, damn it. Ok so how do you guys think I should go about getting rid of the NXT and reapplying the Zaino? Do I need to use Dawn all over again to strip everything then start from scratch?? Or do I wait until I think the NXT has worn off then just reapply the Zaino or what?? Any help here would be appreciated. Also, it would have been nice for Meguiar`s to put on the box/bottle of this product that it has mild abrasives in it. I sure as hell did not know that otherwise I would not have used it. All of that prep and stuff for nothing, damn. I won`t make that mistake twice.

By the way what I meant to say was that I used to top off Zaino with Meguiar`s #26 which is pure wax, instead of #7. I simply got the two numbers mixed up.

jfelbab
09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
NXT doesn`t remove much #7 or #81 so I doubt it will remove much Zaino. Leave it go and see how long it lasts.

JeffM
09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Its not that big a deal, your paint still has something on it, let it ride, then ZPC it and start over.

It wouldnt matter if you used a product with no cleaning ability at all, you still couldnt re apply Z to it without re-prepping it.

Also, i think applying anything over anything will remove whats underneath to a degree due to the solvents, pad ect.

Intercooled
09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Silicone is Zaino`s enemy.........therefore NXT isn`t compatible with Z.

s2skimon
09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
never done it, never will

DopeCelicaGT
09-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Silicone is Zaino`s enemy.........therefore NXT isn`t compatible with Z.

So, this means what?? I keep getting mixed responses LOL. Some say let it go and some say that it is incompatible which means, from what I can gather, that in two weeks time or whatnot when the NXT wears off I will have nothing protecting my car. Is this true or not?? Do you guys think there is any Zaino left at all?? I forgot to say that my coat of NXT was very and I mean very thin and I just went over it once. I am just trying to figure out what I should do, let it ride or start over? However, if it doesn`t remove much of Meguiar`s #7 or #26 then I highly doubt it will remove Zaino, but then again I am still trying to figure out how one could be able to measure how much of anything the NXT removed. Throw me some clues or something. Or better yet if it was your car what would you do? Thanks in advance. Would the incompatible chemicals of the two cause something bad to happen to the paint?? That I guess would be my main concern. And um damn Meguiar`s for not putting this on their bottle. If it has mild cleaners/abrasives then IMO they need to say that.

Boongie
09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Why don`t you contact Zaino and ask their opinion?

ZaneO
09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
The NXT will have removed some of the Zaino.

Wash your car, wipe it down with 50/50 alcohol/water, and apply some more Zaino if that`s the way you want to go.

It`s not a big deal.