PDA

View Full Version : any help for fabric?

87 Monte SS
05-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Hello all:

I have some slight fading along the top of the cloth on the inside of my doors. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an interior fabric/upholstery protectant that has some ability to rejuvenate or restore some slight fading of the original fabric color? Will the 303 or other brand of UV protectant help here, or am I screwed...?

Thanks guys.

Brian

CharlesW
05-07-2003, 09:09 AM
DON"T use a fabric protector until you decide if you might want to have the areas in question redyed.
I had this done to the carpet in my `81 Vette several years ago and it came out great. The guy that did it said that if a fabric protectant such as ScotchGuard had been used, the dye does not work good.
It was inexpensive, quick, a perfect color match. Go to a high end dealer and find out who does the used car upholstery touchup and repair. The guy I used does the work for the Cadillac, Lexus dealer in town.

Dirty_South
05-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Howdy,

Try the aerosol dye by Sems...I use it all day everyday in my shop for exactly the reasons you mentioned (among a host of a million others). It looks and applies just like spray paint but, comes out almost dry and powder-like. You can find it at most auto body/paint supply stores. Just take your time matching the color cuz, it`s permanent :D

AutopiaAdmin
05-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Dirty South what are the SEM dyes going for up there?

Dirty_South
05-07-2003, 09:52 PM
usually between $8.50 & $10.00 depending on the vendor:D

87 Monte SS
05-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Thanks for all the advice! I will try the dye and then 303 over that to keep it looking new. I hope they have my color though... :)

CharlesW
05-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 87 Monte SS
I hope they have my color though... :)
FWIW, the guy that did my carpet mixes the product he uses on site. Color matches it to the vehicle he is working on.