PDA

View Full Version : NXT bonding problems?

Kool_ZX3
09-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I was readin through the net and it said nxt will have problems bonding to a paint surface with another wax already layed down. I put a coat of twpug on the car about 3 weeks ago or more and there was 3 or 4 washes in between that time frame. Now will this hirt puttin down nxt b/c i put down 2 coats yesterday. I think i should be good to go but just wanna confirm with you guys :D

JustinR32
09-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Don`t worry about it. You can put NXT on top of anything you want to. Put it over Pinnacle Souveran or S100, it won`t matter.

Tom

Detailing NY
09-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I always and NXT on top of something else and never had a problem. I like to apply nxt in a thin layer, I found that works best for me

Kool_ZX3
09-10-2005, 06:19 PM
That`s the way i do it, i put on 2 thin layers of it.

foxtrapper
09-12-2005, 06:54 AM
If you had a carnuba wax and attempted to lay NXT, or any other sealant, on top of it you would have bonding problems. However, I would not expect you to encounter any problems laying one sealant on top of another sealant. I`ve used NXT over Klasse SG with no problems and pleasing results.

JustinR32
09-12-2005, 07:33 AM
If you had a carnuba wax and attempted to lay NXT, or any other sealant, on top of it you would have bonding problems. However, I would not expect you to encounter any problems laying one sealant on top of another sealant. I`ve used NXT over Klasse SG with no problems and pleasing results.

foxtrapper,

A few sealants would like to have a clean paint surface; Zaino and Klasse are two. But NXT and many others will go on over anything. It`s not as big a deal as our minds make it out to be. It`s easy to overthink the whole thing. Generally speaking, unless the instructions say not to put it over a wax you can do it.

Tom

Detailing NY
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
One of my favorite steps is using Vanilla Moose, NXT, then s100, i just love the results I get.