PDA

View Full Version : I don`t understand this

giorgio
09-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi

I bought this one, 7``

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009RB0K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And some 7`` terry cloth pads and foam pads.

But the terry cloth pads don`t fit in the rotary plate

why?

The cloth pad is to large for the plate, and I got sure to read well before buying the pad, it said 7``.

Am I missing something here?, do I need to buy something else to atach it to the plate or something like that?

I tried by putting the foam pad first and then the terry cloth pad over it, but still gets too loose.

By the way, isn`t the plate too "hard" for the terry cloth pad as this one seems too thin and I`m afraid to harm the paint. It looks better when I put the foem pad under the terry cloth pad, but as I say, it still gets to loose and I`m not sure if Im doing it right.

I can`t start waxing my truck because of that.

Thank you

Giorgio

giorgio
09-10-2005, 02:00 PM
This is how it fits...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/jagarco/Picture045_10Sep05.jpg

a.k.a. Patrick
09-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Well thats surely doesnt look appropriate for product removal or buffing....And yes, you have to have some foam protection between the bonnet and the plate, or you will damage the surface your polishing....Go back to where you bought it and look for additional info or provide us a link....

giorgio
09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks patrick

So, is there actually some special foam or pad to atach to the plate(before the bonnet)?

I supose the foam pad is for polishing

And the cloth bonnet is for waxing

I will look into it.

Giorgio

Chang
09-10-2005, 03:21 PM
no, the cloth is for product removal, which you can just use some microfiber towels for much easier in my opinion.

Accumulator
09-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Seeing as how that`s a rotary, I wouldn`t use the terry bonnet for *anything* and I wouldn`t use that polisher for applying wax either. I only use a rotary for aggressive polishing with abrasive products. And I`d be a little careful with it ;)

pontgta
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Yes, that is how it is suppose to fit. Now, I have found no use for that terry cloth bonnet. I generally just throw them away. You must get proper pads for that rotary. The pads that generally come with most rotarys are useless. :xyxthumbs

pontgta
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Accumaltor I was going to say that, but you beat me to it :grinno:

a.k.a. Patrick
09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Actually the bonnets are better for last stage buffing....after removal with a MF by hand I might add....(For a PC that is)

And yes, be careful....