PDA

View Full Version : Help ASAP re: Jet Fuel drop out on paint

Vidiot
09-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Hello all,

I live by the Orlando Intl Airport & have noticed that I have very small reddish-brown marks on my paint that I believe is from the jets that fly over my house.

I can`t seem to remove.

I have washed the car / clayed / washed again with no results.

Anyone ever have the same problem or know what I can do to remove it from the paint before it does further damage?

The car is a 2005 Altima that has been babied with zaino products

Setec Astronomy
09-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Why would that be from the jets? Sounds like brake dust to me. Pictures?

ntoddalbert
09-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Being an aircraft tech I cant imagine what would be falling on your paint? Fuel is occasionaly dumped but rarely at today`s prices and that wouldnt do anything like what your seeing.

Hydraulic fluid, mineral based would do nothing. The synthetic variety would eat your paint, neither even close to what your seeing. I would suspect its something else in your enviroment thats causing what you see not the planes.

Have you tried AIO or Polish?

benpocock
09-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Small reddish-brown marks sounds like rail dust to me. Are they a total bear to get off?

Ben

imported_GregCavi
09-10-2005, 12:53 PM
try a chemical paint clenaer like meguiars step1 paint cleaner or meguiars medallion paint cleaner.

Greg

III
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Look at this link: Does it look like the pic jngrbrdman posted?

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54472&highlight=industrial+fallout

Vidiot
09-10-2005, 05:37 PM
The pic looks similar to what is on my paint.

Iv`e tried claying with no results, no luck getting any off

I have Zaino Z5..will that help?

III
09-10-2005, 06:00 PM

I`m not familiar with Zaino Z5 so I can`t help you there. If clay didn`t remove the spots, you might want to try the ABC system by valugard. Here`s a link:

www.autoint.com

Here`s another link from the same website.

http://www.autoint.com/tips/blue_panel.html

imported_krsjuan
09-11-2005, 12:46 AM

Z5 will not help at all.

My brothers shop is about 5 mintues for LAX and drives a little white commuter car. The car was parked there for a about 6 months with out being touched before the started driving it.

The hood, roof, trunk lid and top portions of the car were completely covered with small red/brown spots.

I wasnt sure what it was so i lightly clayed and it barely made a difference. My claybar turned a dark red but 90% of the spots were still there.

I then went over it with SSR1 and an orange LC pad and the paint did get smoother and glossier but the dots were still there.

At this point I decided to get more agressive with the claybar on a 2x2 area on the hood.

I used chemical guys Smartlube premium clay lubricant and their yellow light abrasive clay. I`m sure if I used a more abrasive clay I would have had an easier time but this was all I had on hand.

First I sprayed the area down really,really good as usual. Then I made a few passes with the clay at a slow speed with light pressure. Then I added more lube and went back and forth as fast as I could with strong pressure all while adding more lube every few seconds or so. I did this until my arm was tired or I removed all the spots.

It took me about 3 hours and about 64oz of the smartlube but I would say I got about 99% of the spots out.

You could give this method a try or maybe try a more agressive clay.