PDA

View Full Version : How many passes of Zaino in a single layer?

DeathClaw
09-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I`ve never done any waxing before, and I`m about to use Zaino (Z2 + ZFX) for the first time. I`ve read about how it is best to apply thin layers. In a single coat, how many passes should I make during the application? In other words, how many times should I go back and forth over a single spot with the applicator?

Thanks.

JasonD
09-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Once should be fine. You aren`t working anything in, just applying it like a wax.

imported_memnuts
09-10-2005, 07:32 AM
As many passes as you need to insure complete and "uniform" coverage. You are not working the product into the paint but several passes will be needed to thin and create uniformity for each area of application.

Spritz your applicator with Z6 or Z8. This will aid in achieving a thin even application and spreadibility of the Z2-PRO/ZFX.

Also a QD`ing with Z6 after the wash and prior to Z2-PRO application really helps.

DeathClaw
09-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Alright, thanks a lot guys.

sbkang
09-10-2005, 10:46 PM
The best advice I got on this was to "think of putting on a layer one molecule thick, because everything else will get wiped off." When I apply Zaino, I know I`m putting the right amount on when all I can see is a slight "sheen" on the paint, not big streaks of product. One pass is usually fine, but occasionally I`ll wipe over an area twice.

DeathClaw
09-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Hmm. That`s an interesting way to think about it :)