PDA

View Full Version : VM and RMG Question

dschribs
09-10-2005, 05:32 AM
I wanted to try VM followed by RMG on my car - both via PC. I was planning on applying the VM with the blue Propel (light polishing) pad and then the RMG with a finishing pad. My question is, is this a good plan or would there be any benefit to applying the RMG with blue pad as well??

Thanks!

J.J.
09-10-2005, 06:21 AM
I would do as you said. I actually used VM and a green polishing pad b/c VM has some light sirl removing properties. However, when following with RMG it`s really irrelevant. You can use either pad. I would only use the combo if you have a dark colored vehicle (dark blue or black).

JasonD
09-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Sounds good to me. Work VM using speeds 5 and 6 on your PC, and use speed 4 for RMG.

gav'spurplez
09-13-2005, 12:04 PM
i detailed my paint at the end of may, and have just kept up with washed and qd`s.

so i started to notice some slight swirling, so i used some VM with a green sonus pad on setting 4 1/2 and then topped with some carnauba moose,

the car came out looking might good :waxing:

Richt
09-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I do both on my own car, would go for one or other on a clients car tho decided by paint colour or condition.

On my own Black car I have down both VM and RMG on a number of occasions. VM on a polishing pad cleans the paint up, RMG on a finishing pad, improves gloss more. Well worth both steps IMO.

For total over kill I like VM, RMG and then Yellow Cream Wax then CMW!