PDA

View Full Version : Fng

googoots
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Im not neccesarly new to detailing, I just know that there are better products out there and would like to be given some ideas. Here are a couple questions I have if yall dont mind answering.

1. Im looking for a paint cleaner wax type deal in one, some one reccomended poor boys polish with carnuba(white bottle), some one else recomended megs colorX...any sugestions. I have a dual action polisher with the older sonus pads...what pad would I want to use. Just wanting a one step product.

2. Rim and tire cleaner...........My brakes produce HEAVY dust and so im looking for some heavy duty stuff that wont damage clear coated or powder coated...or any wheel for that matter. I noticed that megs has a spray on tire cleaner and was curious if it was worth a darn and if not what.

3. All purpose cleaners: I noticed that Sonus has a one that can be diluted for carpet or what not, needing something that can clean carpet but can also get dried wax residue out of crevices or tar or sap, bugs, so on and so on.

Thats all for now

Thanks

pontman43
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
First off welcome to autopia! Now, I cant really answer your questions, but I would suggest if your brakes seem to dust a lot, getting PB wheel sealant. It seems to work great for people. I`ll know in about a week (from order).

Also what does Fng mean?

googoots
09-09-2005, 11:43 PM
ill look into that, thank you

FNG=f%c*in new guy

googoots
09-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Im very interested in Klasse AIO but what to top it with. Would p21s be good or even souveran and then souns carnuba spritz for maintanence.

googoots
09-10-2005, 08:50 AM
So nobody has any experience with poorboys polish with carnuba?

the other pc
09-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi googoots, :welcome to Autopia! FNGs are always welcome here!

…some one else recomended megs colorX...any sugestions. I have a dual action polisher with the older sonus pads...what pad would I want to use…ColorX is a good choice. I haven’t tried Sonus pads but I would suspect the white SFX-2 or green DAS pads would be appropriate.

…I noticed that megs has a spray on tire cleaner and was curious if it was worth a darn and if not what…It does a great job. You can also use an APC. Cleaning tires really helps your dressing last longer.

…All purpose cleaners: I noticed that Sonus has a one that can be diluted for carpet or what not, needing something that can clean carpet but can also get dried wax residue out of crevices or tar or sap, bugs, so on and so on… Haven’t tried that either. For dried wax in crevices I use a QD and a detailing brush. I don’t get much tar. When I do I use either clay or 3M tar and adhesive remover. For sap, bugs and such I clay.

PC.

imported_drg
09-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey man whats up, you can use megs tire wheel cleaner it is safe and has no acids wont mess up your clearcoat.

After you clean your wheels, you should apply a wheel sealant like Poor boys wheel sealant. that prevents brake dust from attaching itself and its easier to just hose down.

Thomas Dekany
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
So nobody has any experience with poorboys polish with carnuba?

It is my favorite product. Either alone or topped with a wax/sealant, it is an extremely easy product to work with. I hear the blue version is even better.

googoots
09-11-2005, 01:34 AM
It is my favorite product. Either alone or topped with a wax/sealant, it is an extremely easy product to work with. I hear the blue version is even better.

Yea I just noticed they had that.................What DAS pad would you use with it. Im sure nattys would look great topped on it as well. I do have a deal of souveran though wich im sure is equally as good.

Thomas Dekany
09-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Yea I just noticed they had that.................What DAS pad would you use with it. Im sure nattys would look great topped on it as well. I do have a deal of souveran though wich im sure is equally as good.

I use a white polishing pad to apply pwc at speed 2 or 3 to protect.

If you are using pwc to clean/polish, use speed 5 or 6

googoots
09-11-2005, 09:36 AM
I use a white polishing pad to apply pwc at speed 2 or 3 to protect.

If you are using pwc to clean/polish, use speed 5 or 6

White?.............what DAC pad or would one use? If it a all in one type product why do you have to apply at different speeds for different jobs. You cant just apply once and accomplish both and be done with it.

Thomas Dekany
09-11-2005, 10:53 AM
White?.............what DAC pad or would one use? If it a all in one type product why do you have to apply at different speeds for different jobs. You cant just apply once and accomplish both and be done with it.

I don`t know DAS pads - use a polishing pad.

Sometimes due to time/type of detail - if I only use pwc (As the only product used) I`ll turn the pc on 6.

If I clean/correct the paint first, and use pwc as a LSP I will have the pc on 2 or 3 - hope it makes sense.