PDA

View Full Version : My new car nightmares just keep growing, need help!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

impulsebrklyn
09-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Ok start out I picked up my BMW 330i yesterday Jet Black. Get there at around 5pm its parked in the front of the building. Not much light and its kinda dusty. I didnt want the f*ckers to prep my car but they would not do what I wanted. She said she had no choice its company policy. So there are some minor scratches on the front passenger door by the handle. I knew I could get them out but I wanted to make the dealer aware of it. They had some detailer come out with a mf and some 3m polish for dark cars. It helped but I didnt want them to go any further. Now onto the 2nd problem I have a 1 inch indentation on the top of the rear bumper where the trim meets the trunk trim. They said they would replace the bumper. I said ill think about it and made a note and wrote me up a "Owe You Form". Ok so far Not to bad, of plus they installed some minor swirls in the paint. Very minor but I wasnt worried about it. So today I wash my car, clay it and wash it. I polished the rest of the scratchs out by hand. I start putting RMG on and im like W-T-F is this. I have tiny white (possibly silver) dots all over my paint and windows. I can feel them, I am almost positive its paint overspray. I already gave it a light clay.

Now what do I do??

I already called the dealer and im bringing in the car tommorow. What can be done? Im gonna order some different clay. What kind then Meguiar`s Professional Detailing Clay (Aggressive)?? (Mild)?? Something else?? Is there any kind of solvent or cleaner I can try???? Help Please??

PS This all sucks because I absolutley love the car.

Chris

papi_jay
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
If it`s just the glass , simply use some plastic razor blades .

imported_Picus
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM
They prepped the car even though you asked them not to? Company policy my butt, it`s your car. Make them fix it or have them give you a new car.

impulsebrklyn
09-08-2005, 05:57 PM
its all over the car. Paint and glass. !!!!

My main question is what can I do to fix it. I dont trust them for ****!!

Im debating to tell them to take the thing back and order me another one. We will see how things go in the morning.

Still curious on what products work well for overspray. Cause find clay doesnt seem to cut it. Something I would like to know about regardless of my situation.

Chris

imported_truzoom
09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
They prepped the car even though you asked them not to? Company policy my butt, it`s your car. Make them fix it or have them give you a new car.

Especially on something like a BMW :wall

spotpad
09-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Make them take it back and make them order you a new one. Don`t settle!

Bill D
09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I`ll certainly third that!

Absolutely no excuse. Every document concerning the sale and delivery of the vehicle should say explicitly absolutely no prepping. You are the customer and you are the one writing the check. I like the Burger King slogan, "Have it your way" :xyxthumbs

impulsebrklyn
09-08-2005, 06:19 PM
if I do it what a major pain in the ***. I dont have car, I sold my vehicle due to the fact I needed the money to pay for the new one. SOB what to do. I also spent a few hours this morning installing an alarm and pedals on it. Im glad everything I installed was BMW parts. AHHHHHHH so fustrating. Chris

stilez
09-08-2005, 06:48 PM

I`m with Picus.

toml
09-08-2005, 07:14 PM
if I do it what a major pain in the ***. I dont have car, I sold my vehicle due to the fact I needed the money to pay for the new one. SOB what to do. I also spent a few hours this morning installing an alarm and pedals on it. Im glad everything I installed was BMW parts. AHHHHHHH so fustrating. Chris

If they take the car back. have them give you a loaner until the replacement arrives. And I`m with the other posters ... if you say no prep, they need to abide by your wishes. They`re not making the payments.

qwik5o
09-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Well from experience working at a dealer detailing, what the salesperson tells you to your face will be totally BS.

They will probably tell you "Oh, our detailers will easily take care of it".

In reality I would be back there with 3M adhesive remover and a ****ing bug sponge taking those spots off. If that didn`t work, one of guys would try and buff it out (of course with no buffing skills).

Tell them you want a new car and that it`s BS they do not have to prep it.

I`m serious man, we mess up some cars. But it is not our choice because of they pressure they put on you to do things quick and get them off.

Good luck.

Scottwax
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM

:werd: Return the car.

The local BMW dealership does horrible prep unless you like swirls but if you tell them no prep, they don`t.

impulsebrklyn
09-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Well just got back from the dealer. What morons but it seems promising. The sales person gets two people from the body shop and they come over with some polish and mfs. Im like its not gonna happen. Its didnt do anything. Then the guy walks in the back and comes out with a rag with something on it. Nasty smell to it, was some sort of solvent or 3m adhesive remover. He did one spot a few times and alittle came off. The sales person then spoke to someone on the phone and she tells me they have a process where they can wetsand the car to remove them or possibly buff them out. I was then "You do either of those and the car belongs to you!!!" After they try a few more useless passes they bring me to the Director of Sales. At this point ive already said I would like to order a new car. He goes before I can go about the process of ordering you a new car we have to atleast try and resolve the current problem. If you are then still not satisfied we can work from there. He also mentioned that if the car is fixed and im happy they would work something out for my trouble between this and the indentation in my bumper. I mentioned something to the salesperson that I wanted the BMW illuminated door sills and I would need a computer update for the alarm I installed (factory alarm). He said he would work something out that I could have them for my trouble. Thats over 700 dollars worth of parts. So now I am picking up a loaner on Monday. Wish me luck. Chris

PS 99.9% sure ill be ordering a new car!

klnyc
09-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Which dealer you at? I assumed you in NYC area. Man, I give back the car and take the money back.

imported_Picus
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
I`ll tell you what. When my sister bought her G35 she told them not to prep it too, and they did - same as you. Someone somewhere got messed up and they did it. I went with her to the dealership to pick it up and raised hell when I saw someone prepped it. It didn`t look bad, though, so we took it home. When we got home I noticed a decent scratch on the read fender where they pulled plastic off. We took it back and they offer to buff it out, we said no. They offer a repaint, we said no. They offered a new fender, we said ok.

Two days later she picked it up and the new fender was on but it wasn`t a paint match so (good for her) she said she wasn`t going to accept it. They ordered her a new car, same options from another dealership, she took it home unprepped the next day. It seems excessive to some people, sure - but it was her first new car and it was, like yours, an expensive car to not have arrive in *perfect* condition.

When you go back if it isn`t fixed to your satisfaction, and I mean 100%, tell them you want a new car, and if you`re feeling ballsy tell them you want those illuminated sills and aftermarket alarm on the new on too, and tell them not to prep this one. It`s your money man, and they want the sale - make them do it right. Good luck!