PDA

View Full Version : OK Experts Can you apply a glaze over a wax job without losing the wax finish

DM101
09-07-2005, 05:22 AM
OK Experts Can you apply a glaze over a wax job without losing the wax finish? I have a beautiful wax finish but would like to add a little glaxe over it to enhance the shine. I know glaxes has all kinds of oils and stuff to make your finish shine. And I always add a glze BEFORE the final wax or sealant to make that baby shine. I suprized that more peopl don`t use them. Thanks Guys......

jfelbab
09-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Sure. I used to apply Meguiar`s #7 over #16 prior to attending shows for years. WOWO method. Didn`t appreciably do anything bad to the wax. I would reapply wax every couple of weeks anyway back then.

cgc2
09-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I like glazes but have never used them on top of my lsp.

Some glazes contain filler, mild polish agent in them, so I would not risk by topping my

wax with a glaze. If I wanted to add some pop, I would use a QD with some Carnuba

between waxing.

Just my 2 cents, which is worth what you paid for it.

DM101
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
anyone else??

imported_Bence
09-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Generally, cleaner glazes are able to strip wax. However, the cleaning depends on the firmness of the application. Some glazes contain aluminum-oxide which is a pretty aggressive abrasive. But the particle size is small; at around 0.5 micron. Non-abrasive, non-cleaning pure glazes, like #7 can be used on top of any wax. Good for show but they won`t last long.