PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crash!

CharlesW
01-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Bill Gates just wiped out everything on my hard drive with his Service Pack #2.
Since I am in the process of restoring the lost files to my computer, I won`t be checking the photo uploads as often as usual. Someone will get to them, but you may have to be a little patient for a day or two.

Later,
Charles:)

The Chee
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
sorry to hear that Charles, SP2 does have a couple of problems, that`s why I`m sticking to SP1

OI812
01-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Really sorry to hear that Charles. That sucks in a big way, and I think most of us can testify to that.

norahcrv
01-16-2005, 12:13 AM
So sorry to hear that Charles!!

Been there, done that & he didn`t even send me a t-shirt! :(

Scott P
01-16-2005, 09:31 AM
SP2 caused all sorts of isues on our four year old Inspiron. It turned out, there wasn`t enough fee disk space for the installation files. I had to get into safe mode and clean out some excess, just to free up enough space to finish the installation.

We didn`t lose any files, but the wife was worried about some files she really needed for her classes the next night. Hopefully, Dell will have some great end of quarter sales again in a few week and I can get her a new machine.

kimwallace
01-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that Charles.
Computers are great, but when they mees up it sure causes a lot of grief

CharlesW
01-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the condolences.:)
Everything is pretty much back to normal and the data files lost can all be re-entered. It will take some time, but it might be better to have the thing cleaned up, anyway.
It`s a 3 year old Sony VAIO and the "System Restore" CD`s worked great to get things going again. I think backup would have been more of a nuisance than this turned out to be. I had always backed up the data files on my work computers and what a time consuming process that was.
Anyway, I`m baaaack.:D

Charles

awd330
01-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome back Charles! Sorry to hear about your computer woes. I`m on SP1 right now. I`ll be sure to do a thorough backup before attempting to install SP2.

Poorboy
01-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi Charles welcome back..but then again i didn`t know you were gone:D

jaybs02
01-16-2005, 11:42 AM
that was a quick recovery, nice to have you back