PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the PC

ksrep28
09-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok, I`ve been using rotarys for a while and since being on this sight and seeing the results with the PC I`m thinking about getting one. I have a few not bad, holograms on my black mitsu montero and I want to get them out. I`m convinced it easier to use both machines to get a perfect finish. My wife thinks I"m crazy, they just don`t get it. Anyway, if I have minor holograms and use a polishing pad with a pc with Megs #3 machine glaze(I have it already) will this remove most of the holograms and any left over swirls?

98GT
09-06-2005, 10:05 AM
it`s tough to say without pics, but from my experience (i`m a new user) the PC is a great machine, however IMO isn`t a real time saver. It definitely yields results not possible by hand in some cases, but still requires a great deal of patience and effort to get the results you`re looking for. To remove holograms I would think you will need to start with atleast #80 and then follow with #3 if necessary. Depending how bad they are, #83 may even be needed. I really like #80 and #3 but they definitely will not remove any harsh defects. good luck, post some pics if possible that will help alot of these more knowledgeable guys help you out!

ksrep28
09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Thats the thing, you really have to look in a certain light. I may get shot for this one, but maybe as for as rotarys go, thats acceptable? I see all most everyone finish up with the pc. I`m pretty good at getting everything out on all colors but my car is the first black car I`ve done. I guess what I`m saying is that "only" using a rotary I may have to accept a few minor holograms? I hate when I`m at a stop light and I see a car pass in front of me, the sun hits it and hello holograms and swirls! Mine isn`t like that just little anoying ones here and there.