PDA

View Full Version : carsponsorships.com

RUBigDog05
01-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever joined www.carsponsorships.com. I saw this on truckinweb.com and looked legit but after filling out all the information at the bottom it makes you put in a credit card number in case you get chosen by a sponsor. If you don`t, they don`t charge, if you do get chosen, they charge $89.00 for a membership pack and a bunch of other stuff. Do you all think its legit? I would like to have a sponsor for my truck since I dont have the money to do a lot to my truck like rims/tires, suspension lift, more audio stuff.... let me know if you all think I should try this or not

Jngrbrdman
01-15-2005, 07:12 PM
Beware with sponsorships. Usually they require you to show the car at a certian number of events per year. Sometimes they also have a minimum purchase amount in order to keep sponsorship status. Usually sponsorships just give you a discount on parts. Its not like 80% or anything like that. Sometimes its just 10 or 15 percent. You still have to fork out a lot of money. Its not something where they are going to take your truck and put 15,000 bucks worth of stuff on it if you`ll just put their logo on the side or something. They still want you to spend a lot of money.

Pats300zx
01-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Its a total scam. It has been posted on several websites. All you get for your credit car payment is a bag of stickers. I can`t tell you how many people that I know that have been scammed by this.... :ticked :ticked

RUBigDog05
01-16-2005, 01:24 AM
thanks for the heads up. I didn`t do it but was very close. Thanks!

kimwallace
01-16-2005, 10:15 AM
I don`t put my credit card number anywhere unless I expect to have a charge applied to it!