PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey residents -- heading your way

General Lee
09-03-2005, 12:20 PM
I am heading to New Jersey in a couple days and was wondering if there is a major gas problem? I`m not too concerned about price ( I know all gas is up there) more concerned about availability. Thanks

Spilchy
09-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh, no. Remind me to lock my doors :scared: .................................................. ;)

No need to worry, the glorious Garden State is fully stocked and supplied! No lines, no shortages, just high prices :D

imported_Aurora40
09-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I am heading to New Jersey in a couple days and was wondering if there is a major gas problem?

Yeah, you aren`t allowed to pump it yourself. So look forward to greasy handprints on your paint!

I always "plan" my drives through New Jersey so that I never stop for gas there...

General Lee
09-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, you aren`t allowed to pump it yourself. So look forward to greasy handprints on your paint!

I always "plan" my drives through New Jersey so that I never stop for gas there...

Really, no self serve in Jersey??

Spilchy
09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Easy there Bob! I`ve had one or two incidents in my lifetime.

For the most part I go to the same station and they know me (epsecially the Pakastani kid who is always is smiling because he smokes dope in the little booth! :lol )

All you have to do is get out of your car and stand next to him and ask him to be careful. The only thing to watch out for is not greasy hand prints because they don`t touch your car (only unscrews / screws the cap), but rather, drippage when pulling the nozzle out.

Also, although you`re not allowed to pump, some people do it anyway especially when busy and the attendant doesn`t give you a hard time.

Bill D
09-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I used to go to one station only where I knew there was a specific, dependable attendant. He was cautious and I was always sure to add a little tip for his effort.

rollman
09-03-2005, 06:50 PM
What part of the state are you heading to ? NJ has no SS . Cheapest place is right over the Delaware Memorial Bridge ( Flying J truck stop)