PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound

pontman43
09-03-2005, 01:01 AM
I wanna know what you guys think of Optimum compound. I did a search and didn`t find a lot on it. What should it be used for? How does it work? Is it worth getting? I have SSR2.5 and wouldn`t mind something a little more aggressive to have on hand.

Thanks

a.k.a. Patrick
09-03-2005, 09:32 AM
A little thinner, a little tougher then its lil bro, the polish. Same type of workability though......Woul be a good choice for something tougher then 2.5.......Course the Blue Moose, and SSR 3.0 are nice also......

MorBid
09-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I have been testing a sample bottle I got from them. It takes the Optimum line down to 1200 Grit scratch removal.

I`ve been testing it w/a Yellow Medium Cut pad, White wool Pad, and a black Lambs wool pad off and on and haven`t come to any firm conclusions.

I have not used any of the SSR line so I can`t answer your question directly. It does have the same properties as OCP (workability, low-no dusting, leaves a great shine).

My current go-to polish for subborn marring is Hi-temps HCL and being impaintent I`ll reach for it when I feel I`m spending too much time on something and not getting anywhere.

My feeling on it though is that it`s still in the medium cut range of products and should be able to do what any other product in that line could do.

Scottwax
09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
With a polishing pad, it seems equal to DACP and with a cutting pad, a bit more aggressive. Leaves a noticably better finish than DACP, regardless of pad choice.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-03-2005, 05:58 PM
With a polishing pad, it seems equal to DACP and with a cutting pad, a bit more aggressive. Leaves a noticably better finish than DACP, regardless of pad choice. Not to mention a heck of a lot more user friendly then 83......

pontman43
09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Would it be good for pretty deep swirls on a black car? I can`t seem to get them out with SSR2.5 or opt. polish, maybe I need something like this.

imported_Picus
09-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Are you making any progress with the SSR2.5? I`ve found Opt Compound is similar, if slightly more abrasive than 2.5 with a cutting pad - but not by a whole lot. The real difference is your can work it way longer and it doesn`t dust like 2.5 does.

pontman43
09-03-2005, 07:59 PM
It doesn`t seem like much. Thanks for the comparo to 2.5, its probably not worth getting then really.