PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Wal-Mart water hoses?

66#1
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
I`ve lived in my present location for about 7 years. When I moved here, I bought a new water hose which lasted 5 years. I then bought another water hose, but it busted a couple of months ago.

My wife happened to be at Wal-Mart when I discovered my water hose was busted. She bought me the best water hose they had. I had this hose a couple of weeks and it developed a crack in it. I cut the section of hose off and put a new end on it. I discovered today that the hose had another crack in it. I repaired it once again. This is a seriously cobbled together water hose

Anybody else have this problem? Unfortunately, I lost my receipt. I`m not trying to sound cheap, but what`s the deal? I keep my water hoses rolled up in a hose cart 99 percent of the time. I have a water hose at my paren`ts house that is so old I can`t even remember when I bought it. I believe it`s 15 years old, and it busted one time.

imported_truzoom
09-02-2005, 09:16 PM
It is your typical green, garden variety? Does it retain a firm cylindrical shape when theres no water inside it, or does it collapse? I think you need a heavier duty hose that may be inconvenient, but it should last.

Maybe something like this - http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=75153-177-AP3475&lpage=none

66#1
09-02-2005, 10:14 PM
It is your typical green, garden variety? Does it retain a firm cylindrical shape when theres no water inside it, or does it collapse? I think you need a heavier duty hose that may be inconvenient, but it should last.

Maybe something like this - http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=75153-177-AP3475&lpage=none

The hose is blue and silver and seems to be reinforced better than your average green garden variety water hose. It holds it`s shape after the water is drained.

Perhaps I didn`t get all the water drained out and the hose busted due to the extremely hot weather this Summer??

psl car wash
09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Ideal for use in all conditions. Remains flexible to 25 deg. below zero and withstands temperatures to 160 deg. F. Lifetime Warranty!!!!!

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=LAWN&pid=07169602000&tab=spe#tab

go there, youll never have to purchase a hose in your lifetime!!!

66#1
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Those two hoses are like the one I left at my parent`s house. I think I need to go repossess it!

kempie
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
WalMart sells for less. Always.

Now you know why.

imported_Mighty HD
09-04-2005, 05:00 AM
You can get the black goodyear rubber hoses @ walmart I think. They`re extremely thick. I got a heavy duty hose @ lowes about 4 years ago and it works great. I can`t tell you how many times it`s been ran over. I was like you--got tired of the hoses getting bubbles and blowing to shreads.

66#1
09-04-2005, 10:11 PM
The only thing is I hate Lowes about as bad as I do Wal-Mart.

FrizzleFry
09-05-2005, 02:02 AM
Colorite

3/4 In. x 75 Ft. Industrial Garden Hose

Model DT7534075

$36.95

It`s also labeled as "goodyear" in the gardening section. picked it up about a month and a half ago and the only gripe I have about it is the tendenct for it to not to want to be coiled up (i don`t have a reel). other than that I went with the 3/4in model for greater water flow. there`s a 5/8 as well. heavy duty water hose. not for the weak ;)

medic159
09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Wal-Mart = cheapest Chinese they can find... what do you expect?

I agree about the Sears hose, Made in the USA, buy it once, never have to again!

Eod diver
09-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I bought 4 of the Sears water hose`s best I have ever had, used daily for my horse pasture and around the yard so they get abused, tried one from Walmart one of their life time warranty ones, took it back after 2 weeks leaked. nuff said

psl car wash
09-05-2005, 10:09 PM
I bought 4 of the Sears water hose`s best I have ever had, used daily for my horse pasture and around the yard so they get abused, tried one from Walmart one of their life time warranty ones, took it back after 2 weeks leaked. nuff said

thats what i say.......

buellwinkle
09-06-2005, 07:36 AM
I went to a place that sells building supplies to contractors and got a contractor grade hose. You can run it over with a cement truck and it`s still good with really thick brass ends.

jchetty
09-06-2005, 10:31 PM
I went to a place that sells building supplies to contractors and got a contractor grade hose. You can run it over with a cement truck and it`s still good with really thick brass ends.

:clap: so does craftman....its a black hose thats crushproof...but imo save your money any buy a companion...also sold at sears.....i`ve had mine for a year plus with no problems...the 75 foot hose.....advice.....always empty your hose(bleed) of water 1.)it makes the hose lighter so you can store it/carry it easier and 2.)no need to worry bout it freezing in the winter...either blow compressed air or even easier walk the hose :xyxthumbs