PDA

View Full Version : site rule question

psl car wash
09-02-2005, 07:48 PM
i find myself looking in a members profile very often to learn a little info about whom they are, and 95% of the time there profile is empty, i think a good rule would be to require to fill out a profile or be deleted. just my .02 :idea

......also is this topic in the right catagory? (hope so :woohoo: lol)

Scottwax
09-02-2005, 08:13 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=106

psl car wash
09-02-2005, 10:10 PM
nothing other than a link? are you tring to tell me if im looking for a certain members profile i should search thru 4+pages ?? :soscared:

pontman43
09-02-2005, 10:15 PM
I`m not shure how much it matters really. Why do you need to know about them. If you wanna know then just ask. Some people just like to have some privacy. It would be a little hard to make a rule that would require you to fill out a profile that everyone can read. I also think that most just dont think about filling it out, I`m not even shure that I have. Just my 2cents

pontman43
09-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Also what exactly do you learn about them, doesn`t it only show birthday, location and interests (at least thats all I found in yours)? Not a whole lot to learn from that, especially since 99.9% of everyone here will have some kind of car related interest.

psl car wash
09-02-2005, 10:30 PM
ok, great! anyone else?

AMDin93103
09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
The next best way to :nervous: learn about another Autopian that you are unfamiliar with (aside from contacting them) is to search for threads in which they have posted. This will give you an idea of how credible their advice is and what products they have used. Not sure much else matters on this forum, does it? I didn`t have my site up on here for a long time because I didn`t want nosey biters cramping my companys techniques. Now. . I don`t care so much. :nixweiss

pontman43
09-03-2005, 12:26 AM
So, your 29, live in fayetteville tennessee, and like cars. Now I know a lot about you! All I`m trying to say is its hard to judge someone by knowing only these things. If you wanna know more then pm them.

imported_truzoom
09-03-2005, 12:32 AM
It wouldn`t be wise to be completely honest on the internet. Just my 2 cents.