PDA

View Full Version : Katrina won`t let me QD my car!

elenaran
09-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Last week I ordered some PB Spray & Wipe from autogeek, and a few days ago I was wondering why it wasn`t here yet, and I looked at the tracking information:

AUG 26 - NEW ORLEANS, LA - DELAYED DUE TO NATURAL DISASTER

Heh, guess my QD is floating down some street in NO.

zimmerDN
09-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Maybe the UPS truck got looted.

zainoshine
09-02-2005, 09:29 AM
This doesn`t really belong in this forum, but the whole looting issue really gets me mad. Perhaps I`m missing something, but from somebody who is not in that situation, why don`t they just let the suffering people take what they need from stores to survive? Is it like the owners are going to go back to those stores in a few days and resell everything? People need those goods NOW to survive and be comfortable. The police and other rescue officials need to concentrate on saving lives, not patrolling the streets from folks just trying to get some shoes and socks or some food.

DJ Trackie
09-02-2005, 06:15 PM
This doesn`t really belong in this forum, but the whole looting issue really gets me mad. Perhaps I`m missing something, but from somebody who is not in that situation, why don`t they just let the suffering people take what they need from stores to survive? Is it like the owners are going to go back to those stores in a few days and resell everything? People need those goods NOW to survive and be comfortable. The police and other rescue officials need to concentrate on saving lives, not patrolling the streets from folks just trying to get some shoes and socks or some food.

You are missing something because it`s not as simple as that.. yeah, i`m sure people taking food are fine. But we`re talking about unneccessary burning things, shooting at cops, rapes, armed mobs, snipers.... u get the point.

"The first of more than 20,000 people began arriving early Thursday at the stadium, where Red Cross workers set out thousands of cots and "comfort kits" that included various toiletries and a meal.

But the operation was put on hold when shots were fired at Chinook military helicopters being used to transport the evacuees.

"We were told they are shooting at Chinook helicopters and the operation has been put on hold until daylight," said Gloria Roemer, spokeswoman for Harris County Judge Robert Eckels."

"Media reports said one gang had commandeered a telephone company van to carry out robberies while Fox News television said two men with AK47 semi-automatic rifles had opened fire on a police station."

"Police said a man in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, fatally shot his sister in the head over a bag of ice. Dozens of carjackings were reported, including a nursing home bus."