PDA

View Full Version : What to use to clean interior?

hon423
09-01-2005, 06:48 PM
interior like carpet, cloths seats, and dash?? please don`t say armor all..

I want them clean like it`s new, but don`t want it to be slippery and attract dust.

Pleaase recommend.... thanks

mdsmithers
09-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Woolite 1 part : Water 6 parts in a sprayer to clean.

303 aerospace to protect.

Asmodaus
09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Lexol cleaner then Lexol Conditioner. No mixing needed.

Hey, what`s up mdsmithers? I`m from Sedalia! Good to see another wax enthusiest.

mdsmithers
09-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Hey Asmodaus, not many from central MO on here, mostly STL. You wouldn`t recommend Lexol for the cloth would you?

The woolite mixture can be used anywhere, that`s why I like it, very versatile and works well, plus you can "borrow" some from the laundry room without the wife noticing.

303 is a little harder to get though.

C. Charles Hahn
09-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey Asmodaus, not many from central MO on here, mostly STL. You wouldn`t recommend Lexol for the cloth would you?

The woolite mixture can be used anywhere, that`s why I like it, very versatile and works well, plus you can "borrow" some from the laundry room without the wife noticing.

303 is a little harder to get though.

I`ve found that Meguiar`s Natural Shine dressing cut 50/50 with water is a good 303 alternative....

pontman43
09-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Mother`s Preserves Protectant for plastic and rubber. Leaves a low shine finish that isn`t greasy and doesnt attract dust.

Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner Dri-Clean for uphostery and carpets. This stuff is great and its cheap.

You can get both of these OTC.

DJ Trackie
09-02-2005, 12:26 AM
carpet and cloth seats... is cleaned best with an extractor. Thing along the lines of Hoover Steam Vac Jr and Bissel little green machine

pontman43
09-02-2005, 02:28 AM
carpet and cloth seats... is cleaned best with an extractor. Thing along the lines of Hoover Steam Vac Jr and Bissel little green machine

But then we`re talkin a lot more money.

C. Charles Hahn
09-02-2005, 05:09 AM

A lot? Not really. I got my Bissell LGCM with heat and the agitating brush for $50 about three years ago; it`s still going strong. You just gotta catch one on sale.

Oh, and another REALLY GOOD spot-cleaning product I`ve used is Turtle Wax PowerOUT! Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner.

98GT
09-02-2005, 06:11 AM
I agree the woolite works well, for carpets a good otc is "tuff stuff" aerosol can. fairly cheap and works well on moderate dirt/stains for me. For the dash, I like the new Meguiar`s interior quik detailer. You can use it on all surfaces (radio, plastic, vinyl) and it won`t leave a greasy mess like AA does on some surfaces. pick up a good scrub brush for the carpets too, if you have a shop vac that will help as well.

C. Charles Hahn
09-02-2005, 06:51 AM
For the dash, I like the new Meguiar`s interior quik detailer.

I agree, it`s great for a quick cleanup, but AFAIK it doesn`t really leave much in terms of "protection" behind since the dash doesn`t really soak it up. I guess it depends what you`re after.

imported_Larry A
09-02-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree the woolite works well, for carpets a good otc is "tuff stuff" aerosol can. fairly cheap and works well on moderate dirt/stains for me. For the dash, I like the new Meguiar`s interior quik detailer. You can use it on all surfaces (radio, plastic, vinyl) and it won`t leave a greasy mess like AA does on some surfaces. pick up a good scrub brush for the carpets too, if you have a shop vac that will help as well.

I agree 100% Tuff Stuff is great it doesent get things to wet and it doesent need vacuuming after it dries. Meguiars Interior leaves vinyl looking new not too shinny.

98GT
09-02-2005, 09:02 AM
I don`t have a bottle with me (i`m at work) but I think Meg`s Interior QD has some UV protectant in it. I could be wrong, have to check my bottle when i get home. I find if I use a little more than suggested or necessary I can get a little bit of a nice shine without a mess.

DJ Trackie
09-02-2005, 06:27 PM

not really, the Hoover steam vac jr is only $50 at amazon.com w/ free shipping!

For a "cheap" effective solotion would be oxiclean and hot water... this way you won`t just be pushing around the dirty stuff, the stuff will actually be sucked out of the carpet.

imported_Denzil
09-03-2005, 02:56 AM
Woolite dilution and a Cratsman wet/dry vacuum. Can`t really go wrong with that but I believe the Bissell LGCM may be cheaper. Of course, the Craftsman will most likely have more suction power. ;)