PDA

View Full Version : NXT vs Gold Class Car Wash

ToddW
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
NXT vs GoldClass

What`s the difference and is there a reason to use one OVER another?

I have the `normal` (pink) car wash, the gold class, and now the NXT.

I`ve read great reviews about the gold class as well as NXT but I`m not sure if I should use one or another or if both are equally as good.

And if you are wondering why I have the cheaper pink one, it`s for my jeep. ( I go through a lot more of it) :woot:

imported_truzoom
08-31-2005, 09:52 PM
They`re all great washes with good cleaning ability.

Gold Class - Has sheeting ability that is further enhanced with a sheeting wax; makes drying a breeze since you just have a few drops to pick up here and there. It can be had for relatively cheap too.

NXT - I feel this has more cleaning ability, and is designed in part to work with NXT wax. Don`t care much for the smell, but I use it.

Deep Crystal - Smells great, cheap, works. Enough said, right? :)

pontman43
08-31-2005, 11:16 PM
They`re all great washes with good cleaning ability.

Gold Class - Has sheeting ability that is further enhanced with a sheeting wax; makes drying a breeze since you just have a few drops to pick up here and there. It can be had for relatively cheap too.

NXT - I feel this has more cleaning ability, and is designed in part to work with NXT wax. Don`t care much for the smell, but I use it.

Deep Crystal - Smells great, cheap, works. Enough said, right? :)

I use Deep Crystal, seems to work the best for the money.

Richt
09-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I have only tried the NXT and Gold Glass, the NXT has been said to be a little stronger and less wax freindly and designed to work with the NXT system.

I tend to use NXT when I have sealants on the go, and Gold class is one off my choices for Carnuba finishes.

BigAl3
09-01-2005, 01:19 AM
both nxt & gc are good, but i prefer the gc wash as it leaves a slicker surface...

Alfisti
09-03-2005, 05:48 AM
I believe NXT works the best of all of them if you have hard water. Its an excellent carwash.

I haven`t tried Gold Class so I can`t comment on it.

I have used the pink stuff and its just average.

Mothers CG is alot better, but the Eagle 1 Wet is the best value for your dollar. As good as any I`ve tried and very inexpensive.

Way2SSlow
09-03-2005, 06:01 AM
I really like using NXT better than Gold Class.

JustinR32
09-03-2005, 06:49 AM
I`m with imacarnut. The GC is much slipperier, IMO. NXT is fine, but I like GC better.

Tom

imported_MCA
09-03-2005, 07:12 AM
Both are great car washes, but I prefer GC by a thin smidgeon. I base my car wash shampoo purchase on my needs/situation...I value lubricity over cleaning power, because my car never really gets dirty (garage at home, covered parking at work, and a 5-minute commute). I want a clean car but I want to definitely decrease the amount of user-inflicted marring. I find GC to be more lubricious (not sure of that`s a word) and has the right amount of cleaning power for me.

MCA

guy1138
09-04-2005, 05:22 AM
I`m a relative newbie to all of this stuff, but I love to use the NXT wash over the NXT wax on my cars. In my experience it cleans so easy.

However, I use Deep Crystal for anything else (ie parents or neighbor`s cars). When the car doesn`t have NXT wax on it, I don`t can`t tell that much difference in the soaps, and if anything I think the Deep Crystal works a little harder.