PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable, the wind damaged my Passat!

furnace
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Well, I don`t have pics yet but basically, I live right by the East River here in NYC where there is alot of strong wind. If you`ve been watching the US Open, you know that it`s been extra windy today.

After parking my Passat, I openned the door gently as I always do, and the the wind ripped it out of my hand and slammed it open all the way.

I heard a small popping sound, and now my door doesn`t close quite right! It looks ok when you close it all the way, but you can tell it`s off compared to the passenger door.

When closing the door, there are three resting points. The 4th is supposed to be with the door closed. Well, now when I`m at the fourth, my door is two inches open!

Do you think the frame of my car is bent? Is this something a bodyshop can fix?

This is SO annoying you know how you want your car to be perfect!

Thanks in advance for your help/advice

buellwinkle
08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Sorry to hear of your woes, had that happen to me on an Cessna when I flew into an airshow with 40 mph winds. I think Zaino shouldl fix it, maybe 2 coats ;)

Scottwax
08-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Take it to a body shop, they may be able to readjust the door.

Look on the bright side, at least your car isn`t under 20 feet of water.

furnace
09-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Take it to a body shop, they may be able to readjust the door.

Look on the bright side, at least your car isn`t under 20 feet of water.

True dat...

But either way, you guys know how it is being a perfectionist about your cars.

I just sux to have something as stupide as this happen and cause major damage.

Do you think insurance will cover it? I have comprehensive...

calgarygts
09-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Take it to a bodyshop and they should be able to fix it for 20 bucks. Same thing happened to a friend`s truck and when I took it in they had it done in a few minutes.

Bobby G
09-01-2005, 07:36 AM
This is a minor repair. Worst case is that the door stop is tweaked and needs to be replaced (less than $100 on most cars). Best case is the door stop needs adjusting.

You should see what happens when the door stop breaks and the door is allowed to swing wife-full-open on the hinge!

db

furnace
09-01-2005, 10:04 AM
This is a minor repair. Worst case is that the door stop is tweaked and needs to be replaced (less than $100 on most cars). Best case is the door stop needs adjusting.

You should see what happens when the door stop breaks and the door is allowed to swing wife-full-open on the hinge!

db

Cool so you think my frame is not bent?

I`m taking it to this place today: www.auto-fix.com

Any of you heard of it?

Thanks for all your advice/help!