PDA

View Full Version : Clay My Glass?

crobinso
08-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I`ve never heard anyone mention this. Is it a good thing to clay the windshield and windows (sunroof)? Or is it a waste of product?

Charles

imported_truzoom
08-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Definitely do it, especially sunroofs since sap and contamination love horizontal surfaces. It wouldn`t be much of a waste, unless the glass was very contaminated, in which case it needs clay anyway :).

jfelbab
08-31-2005, 03:17 PM
I typically clay the paint, then the glass and finish up with the wheels. No waste.

SVR
09-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Yes do it

Then follow with a glass restoring product

DP glass restorer, Diamondite, P21s polishing soap and Sonus glass & chrome polish are my favourites

Can`t believe the difference after doing it.

4830Deuce
09-01-2005, 06:43 AM
works like a charm!

crobinso
09-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Thank you all! A claying I will go, a claying I will go, HEIGH-HO the DERRY-O a claying I will go! :usa

Bobby G
09-01-2005, 07:30 AM
I might add that I save my grungy clay for the glass and wheels. When it`s too dirty to use on paint, it`s still okay on glass.

db

crobinso
09-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I might add that I save my grungy clay for the glass and wheels. When it`s too dirty to use on paint, it`s still okay on glass.

db

Hey, now that is an outstanding idea! :xyxthumbs

This might even work for dropped clay, if enough of the really bad particles can be removed!

Charles

mtwedt
09-01-2005, 10:04 AM

dbDitto...and it is the only thing that took the water spots off the sunroof. Since I found that this was sucessful, I have always saved my clay from the finish work and now always clay that sunroof when I do a full wash, using some of the soapy water for a lubricant.

SVR
09-02-2005, 01:58 AM
When clay does get contaminated, do any of you fold the block into a small square and cut it in the middle.

I cut it in half to reveal a clean new layer and do that a couple times then re knead. I also get out the rolling pin get it flat as possible

Thanks for the tip david, never thought of that.