PDA

View Full Version : A+ for Dell Complete Care Service

G35stilez
01-14-2005, 01:20 PM
So a little over a week ago I was surfing forums not doing anything out of the oridinary to strain my Dell Latitude C840 Laptop and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the computer shut down not as per Windows wishes. As the harddrive slowed down and stopped I began to smell something burning. About 2 seconds later smoke began to rise from the back of the machine around the fan area. I quickly unplugged everything and waited 10 minutes. I plugged it all back in and gave it a shot to turn it on with no luck. The computer was dead, so I called Dell.

There was a new worm virus going around so call volumes were high even though it was 10pm at night. I waited on hold for about 45 minutes before speaking to a representative. I told him exactly what happened and what I did in attempts to resolve the problem. He typed quietly for about 5-10 minutes and then said "We will fix the problem"...A few more minutes and he responds, "Mr. Busch, I`m sorry but we do not make the 840 anymore, we will be sending you a new D800 machine". With excitement I replied, "Sounds good to me". He apologized for the inconvinience and said that I should be able to get the files off of the harddrive through a computer repair shop (have that covered). He told me the standard Dell time is 5-15 days for a replacement machine.

I used the family computer for the time being and on the 5th business day a FedEx package came in a Dell box marked "URGENT". Well, it was a D800 laptop including a widescreen display, 2gHz processor, 56gB harddrive, 1 gB RAM, CD/DVD-RW, etc. To my surprise they threw in a Dell briefcase to carry the new laptop around, an extra Dell battery, and a 256mB Dell memory stick for use through the USB port. I was floored!

So in the end, even though I will have to get the files off my old machine, I recieved a new machine after 2.5 years of use with the old one. This entire event was ALL covered in the Dell Complete Care Warranty Package. It`s no secret that Dell has me sold and I will continue to do business with them in the future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC04043.jpg

AutopiaAdmin
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I`m no computer guru. In fact, I`m a computer dummy but I really like my Dell computers. They have always provided me with some really awesome service whenever I need anything. :bigups

I am in the market for a new laptop and I know I will be getting a Dell, I just need to pick out which one.

MS22
01-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Over the last probably 6 years my father has purchased a total of 5 computers from Dell, 3 laptops for himself, my older brother and me and two towers for our house. To this day we have really only had one major problem and they sent a represenative to our house the next day to resolve the problem. As for their customer service I dont like the fact that you can pay a premium yearly to be bumped forward on the wait list cause without it you can wait hours if it is an afternoon or weekend. To offset that they still base their call centers in the US, atleast the ones I have talked to, unlike many companies who outsource to other countries causing a problem understanding eachothers dialect. The only other company I hear people talk about in terms of equal products and customer service is IBM, however their computers can cost a small fortune. It`ll be Dell for me next time I look for a new computer.

AutopiaAdmin
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
"Dude! Your gettin` a Dell!" :mohawk

holland_patrick
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Nice dell man I wish I had one like that but i wouldn`t want my computer to fry though..

bossplaya
01-15-2005, 10:53 AM
What a great deal! That`s one way to keep a customer coming back.

andriver
01-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Good story Sean. I have had Dell laptops and desktops for over 10 years and have never had any warranty problems. Currently I have an IBM Thinkpad that I really like.

OI812
01-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I have had real good luck with my Dell desktop. There service center maybe based in the US, but next time you talk to someone ask what country you are talking to. I have had to call a couple of times and I have been talking to people in India.

AhsGrad1973
01-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Dell`s home support call center is in India, they recently moved their business call center support back to the US. Sometimes the call center gets too busy in India and you will luck up and get to speak with one in the US.

OI812
01-16-2005, 12:01 AM
It was always kind of neat talking to them, I would always ask about the weather and other minor stuff like that. Neat to hear it first hand.