PDA

View Full Version : The Reposessors

imported_truzoom
08-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Have any of you guys seen this show on the Discovery channel? It`s about repo companies and the guys that go out and tow vehicles or even lockpick them. Some of it is pretty harsh though.. when they have to get the job done fast, they`ll tow a car whichever way is convenient, even if it means dragging the car by its locked drive wheels. :scared:

It`s pretty interesting to see when the owners get mad or even pull guns on them. :eek:

stilez
08-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Is this "Re-Po Men" or something different?

Its a very dangerous job. My body shop guy is gonna do it, but his ideas for sneakiness are amazing :D.

My cousin got his car repo`d once and came out with a bat. A bat doesn`t do much when most of these guys are packin heat. They have to deal with some heavy BS, but it makes for some good entertainment :up.

EBPcivicsi
08-28-2005, 01:20 PM
I saw it today, pretty cool show. Sean, I think this is the documentry that spawned the repo show on TLC, could be the other way around though. :dunno

PaulTso
08-28-2005, 02:02 PM
FRIGGIN REPO MEN! I HATE THEM! THEY JUST REPOSESSED MY ROTARY, PC, Gallon of LAZER buff, CLAY MAGIC AND SHOOT EVEN MY SOUVERAN! but they left me some nu finish and turtle wax.

imported_truzoom
08-28-2005, 02:39 PM
FRIGGIN REPO MEN! I HATE THEM! THEY JUST REPOSESSED MY ROTARY, PC, Gallon of LAZER buff, CLAY MAGIC AND SHOOT EVEN MY SOUVERAN! but they left me some nu finish and turtle wax.

Are you serious?

mtwedt
08-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I saw it for the first time a few days ago.....not a job that I would care for.....too much stress, although many people would say that my job, heart surgery, was too much stress too. I was amazed at the guy who picked the locks and the gadgets he had for doing it. I started to wonder how much car thieves could possibly learn from watching the program. Did you see that little hand-held key cutting gadget that guy had? Amazing little thing...I wonder what kind of license, if any, you have to have to legally buy one of those things. I kind of cringed at how easily these guys get into the cars....makes you wonder how really safe your own car is from theft. I also wondered why the title holders on the loan don`t simply insist on having a copy of the key until the vehicle is paid off. It would certainly be simpler to repossess.

imported_truzoom
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
You can actually buy lock picking kits off eBay. A slim-jim alone would be an effective tool for getting into most vehicles, but then you can also get an electric tumbler gun to make quick work of most general locks.