PDA

View Full Version : PB`s Bug Squash

Intercooled
08-28-2005, 10:48 AM
I was poking around the PB web site and noticed a new product called Bug squash for bugs, sap, road tar and grime. I wasn`t sure if it was a spray on application like a Qd or an additive to the soap bucket.

Anyone use it or know anything about it?

stilez
08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
It`s a pretty good product IMO.

I haven`t tested it to "equivalents" yet though.

I have used it on all "about to be detailed" vehicles. Hose down the car and spray on generously (cut 1:1), then use a "bug scrubber pad" to scrub the crap away. The pad feels very abrasive but doesn`t really marr the surface. It helps a lot and will really preserve your clay bar (this process)

All in all, the product works pretty well, but like I said, still need to test it against equivalents.

Way2SSlow
08-28-2005, 11:23 AM
What are some of it`s competition?

Terran
08-28-2005, 02:04 PM
then use a "bug scrubber pad" to scrub the crap away. The pad feels very abrasive but doesn`t really marr the surface. It helps a lot and will really preserve your clay bar (this process)

Where do you get the bug scrubber pad?

imported_SilverStallion
08-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Is the Bug Squash a liquid or a gel? Does it strip wax away? I have a mixture of P21S soap and water in a spray bottle, with a touch of QD for removing bugs...which would be a better solution for daily bug removal?

I too saw this product, but know very little about it.

~Darren

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I tried this at the Pb`s Detail Day, it was a thin liquid (I don`t know if it had been cut down already as GSRstilez mentioned above), it didn`t "hang" on the vertical surfaces where you get most bugs, so I couldn`t get it to be very effective.

RobDon
08-29-2005, 10:08 AM
I use it and find it very good, diluted as per the bottle instructions, it takes off most bug remains without a problem.