PDA

View Full Version : Micropak MF Cleaner and Revitalizer - WOW!

rchrest
08-28-2005, 07:47 AM
This is an incredible product. I use MFs to quickly QD my car at the end of the day before the cover goes on.... including the brake dust-covered wheels. I wash all my MFs together, so I am always concerned about getting all of the brake dust, road grime, wax products, etc. out of the towels before using them again. I washed some dirty towels and re-washed previously cleaned MF towels in the first load with the revitalizing cleaner. I was amazed at the difference! The texture of the MFs is, in my opinion, much more fluffy and tacky after using the micropak cleaner. A medium load takes 1 oz of cleaner and a larger load needs 2 oz. Small price for this kind of clean!

-rc (long time lurker)

imported_memnuts
08-28-2005, 08:02 AM
All the microfiber rejuveniating washing products I use work great. I use these products with Woolite and add white vinegar (1/4 cup) to the 1st rinse cycle for my MF washing regimen. Can you say brand-new MF`s after each wash. :xyxthumbs

Just a suggestion:

Separate your MF`s used for cleaning rims. These should never be used again for painted surfaces. There is possiblity of metallic material (brake dust) becoming embedded in the MF weave that may not be removed by washing.

Use specific towels for wheels and another group for the paint. This separation or grouping regimen should be used for washing materials (mitts), drying towels, and wax/sealant applicators. One set for wheels/ undercarriage/engine compartment and another set for painted surfaces.

Accumulator
08-28-2005, 09:09 AM
rchrest- Welcome to Autopia. I just got some of the MicroPak detergent and I`ll be trying it out as soon as I use the last of my MicroRestore. Glad to hear it works so well.

I`ll second everything blkz28conv said. I have no idea why the MF detergents work so much better but the ones I`ve used so far have been great.

And yeah, once something gets used for "nasty duty" I wouldn`t use it on "nice" surfaces. Besides the brake dust, a MF used in that area could even pick up little bits of iron/steel from the brake rotors :scared:

Spilchy
08-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this MF wash stuff (which I have used) is a waste of money?? I`ve discussed my opinion in other posts about washing MF`s.

I simply add Simple Green to the wash (that includes hot water, a little Tide Free liquid, vinegar and an extra rinse cycle) and it works better than the MF wash soap. Towels remain plush and soft and maintain their construction - even after a couple years.

Like I mentiond in other threads, if Simple Green can degrease an engine, dilluted in the washing machine in conjunction with hot water, it WILL dissolve caked on wax, polish and most stains. At $8 a gallon, I have yet to run out!

I agree, DEFINATELY spearate grungy MF`s from those you use on paint. Also, wash your drying towels separate. Often times they remain clean so a wash with a HINT of deteregent is all you need.

imported_snakey
08-28-2005, 10:25 AM
i`ve been using the woolite for my seperated mf`s. and they always come out looking like new. woolite is my go to cleaner for most everything. but i havent tried any of the mf cleaners or revitalizers though.

Intercooled
08-28-2005, 10:34 AM
I question the MF specialty soaps as well. I used the Sonus which worked fine but no better than regular detergants.

stilez
08-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I liked the detergents, but after getting a nice regimen down, couldn`t justify the price.

-Hot Wash Cycle with extra rinse

-Cup of detergent

-1/2 cup of Distilled White Vinegar

-1/4 cup of Folex

-Once cycle starts agitating for 2 mins, pause it, switch to "Warm/Warm", then let soak for 1 hour

-Continue and once done, pull out a MF and smell it. If you smell chemicals, re-rinse.

-Dry on low heat/delicates.

This has worked just as nice as the MF Restorer. Now that I type this all out, maybe the price is about the same :nixweiss

rchrest
08-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Well, good timing for the advice on the MF. I just received a 10-pack of pakshak towels. Funny you guys mentioned it because when I washed the towels, I stacked them 2 new towels, 1 old towel. 2, 1, 2, 1. The new towels for the paint, old ones every other QD for the wheels. Should I still wash them separately? Also, I was under the impression that you use the revitalizer by itself, not in addition to detergent. Is this true?